MW2: Resurgence pack priced for Xbox Live

Saturday, 29th May 2010 14:33 GMT By Joe Anderson

mw2

Major Nelson has confirmed that the Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence map pack, launching next week, will cost 1200 MS points.

The previous downloadable content, the Stimulus package, was released at the same price point back in April.

Just like last time, the DLC contains five multiplayer maps: three brand new maps, with two returning from the original Modern Warfare.

The Stimulus package was a record breaker when released last month, gaining 2.5 milion downloads in its first week, despite criticism over the higher than average price for the DLC.

The Resurgence map pack releases on Thursday, first on Xbox Live, followed by a release on PSN and Steam soon after.

1. puffy daddy

wow, completely over-prized , what the hell is wrong with activison?

2. loki

1200MP for 5 maps? Are you serious? Activision please kill yourself

3. ninjanutta

its because all the idiots pay it,if everyone stood strong and said no,it would put a stop to it before all devs start jumping on the rip off wagon.

4. Retroid

“what the hell is wrong with activison?”

They love cashmonies. And enough idiots are willing to fork out for them.

5. OlderGamer

“Something is worth only what its purchaser is willing to pay for it”

Bottom line is that to some, many actualy, this is worth every penny.

If Civ Rev had an expansion I would pay twice this. Civ is my fav game this gen. Many feel the same way about MW2.

It also comes down to if you don’t want to pay 1200, don’t. No one is making you.

6. xokero

Nuevo video del pack aqui http://www.clandragonrojo.es/video-del-nuevo-pack-de-mapas-resurgence-para-modern-warfare-2

7. Demonic Teen

Only on xbox360 ^^

8. Moonwalker1982

Always thought it was IW asking these ridiculous prices for the mappack. But it’s actually Activision doing that. This is laughable and for MW2 is already history basically, i really never play it at all anymore.

9. A4-F8

easy guys
    if you dont like it dont buy it

cod the best fps game ever and i dont care if Activision love the money or not

for me i will buy the new maps

10. Dralen

I still haven’t bought the other pack because it’s so overpriced, and I don’t intend to pay for this one either. Thanks Activision, but no thanks.

11. Yoshi

The funny thing I don’t understand is that for Xbox Live you have to pay, what £40? or whatever it is for a year now. Now that’s £40 to pay online on top of your internet provider bill. This on the other hand is £10, you can still play the game online except not with these maps. I guess what im trying to say is, if your willing to pay £40 on top of your internet provider bill then why the f**k are you complaining about £10 for 5maps?! XD

Im clever i’ve got a Playstation 3 and a PC = I don’t need to pay extra just to play online. :)

12. AHA-Lambda

@11 – I actually bought a 360 recently but cos i still do most of my gaming on my ps3 and use the 360 for exclusives only I’m not willing to pay for xbox live and not a big online gamer anyway.

From what i have played of the 360 before i got one halo MP got boring to me and i just plain sucked at gears MP.

13. DeSpiritusBellum

OlderGamer brings the wisdom.

I still don’t get the hysterical whining though. Don’t like it, don’t buy it. That certainly has gotten you a long way. I think it’s pathetic to pretend like everyone who plays MW2 are kids. It says a lot about how senstitive you are when things don’t go your way.

“12 euro?! With a billion years interest in the bank, you can buy a Ferrari for that kind of money!!!”

Maybe everyone on this site lives in a cardboard box and sells their ass for crack, but I don’t lose sleep over 14 euro.

That being said, I thought the last map pack was pretty drab. The old maps actually worked better than the new ones. On the bright side it made me appreciate the clever layouts of the standard maps a lot more.

14. Dralen

@13 Maybe we should all just say nothing then. Now that would make for some interesting conversation.

15. Erthazus

@5 Except that it is not worth it.

Metal Gear Solid map packs for example cost some money and it’s still a Rip Off i think, but atleast they are absolutely new and cheap.

But 15$ is just much even for a fan of a game.

and you say that you will pay twice, because you are a FAN. With your opinion we need all games to cost 120$ i will see how you are going to buy a CIV game for 120$. Or if you are a fan, maybe let make it cost for 240$? What you think?

The problem is that it is started to go out of control. OUT OF CONTROL. We soon won’t experience every game with this stuff.

16. endgame

ppl r stupid. so why not overcharge it? :)

17. OlderGamer

You know the crazy part Erth, and I mean it is nuts when I think about it now. But.

I bought Civ Rev for 60usd. My youngest son acidently broke the disc. I bought another one for 60usd. My oldest son wanted to play it multiplayer with me. So another 60usd(he has his own xbox360). That was so much fun, my youngest son then wanted to play it too. Yet another 60usd.

3 copies of the game, all full price. And three copies of every bit of DLC made for the thing.

Worth it? Every freaken penny.

To me Civ rev is the best game this enture generation.

I also own the game for my PS3.

And I bought a digital copy for me because the disc I had was getting worn.

That’s …well, wait a sec…

…roughly 270usd for the games, and maybe 60plus for the DLC.

All in all thats a lot, and if they come out with more DLC I will be all over it. Just because I have put thousands of hours into the game, and enjoyed too many multiplayer matches with my sons to count.

For me this is the one game I would take with me on a destered island type thing.

Not every game, or any other game this gen is like that. And nope I would hate and cringe at 120usd per game(but when you add in a games lifetime dlc it often comes close to that – on NCAA Football ’10 game plus full DLC was near 110usd, I bet Halo 3 was a ton too, so are the CoD games, and for gods sake please don’t ask me to add up all of the music dlc I have between RB and GH).

But, in the end, if people are loving a game. And said people want more of it … more power to ‘em. Whats 15usd in the face of that? DLC isn’t for the casual fan really, it is for the dedicated game nut(like me and Civ).

I say let them enjoy their game and their DLC. If by and large the community doesn’t feel they want to spend that much, they won’t buy it.

I do, however, 100% support your right as a gamer to complain and let your voice be heard that you feel 1200ms points is too much. Let your voice ring out. But also let the fans buy and enjoy the dlc if, to them, it is worth it.

Btw, does anyone wanna play a game of Civ Rev? ;)

18. Erthazus

But you are a FAN of a game. You are a fan. I understand that. For example i will buy any Hideo Kojima game, DLC no matter what, because i’m a fan of Kojima games and i’m a fan what Kojima productions do.

+ this is getting out of control. Games starting to cost more and soon you are not going to afford absolutely every game. People starting to use pirace more often, for example PC is just the start.

Civ Rev? I’m waiting for the 5th installment ;)

19. Yoshi

@17 I was nearly guna buy Civ with that Steam deal they had the other week but i think i’ll just wait to try the new one.

Plus you make a very good point, if you can spend hours playing a certain game DLC is pretty worth it BUT saying that, that doesnt mean the developer/publisher can take advantage =/

20. drewbles82

I also wont be buying this, didnt buy the last one. Give it a few months and you’ll be able to get them half price. i do love playing COD but i like to be able to go my m8s, hook up 2xboxs, 2tvs and do 4vs4 but no option as always. Xbox wants us to be social yet in order to play against your friends, you have to send them home, all have the net and be on the same time. Gaming was a lot more when you could go round your m8s, have a few beers and have a laugh.

21. OlderGamer

@drew

Spot on good stuff.

“Xbox wants us to be social yet in order to play against your friends, you have to send them home”

Very true. MS wants every player to have their own LIVE Gold Script, even if they are playing on the same system.

But, you missunderstood me a tad here.

“As for the guy who bought several copies of the same game, look after your discs, its not that hard, i dont have a single mark on any discs and i play a lot.”

Sounds like your a collector and take pride in your stash. I used to be too. You should see my old stuff, more carts then I know what to do with.

Now I am not so much a collector as a Dad. I have two teen boys, and each of us has an xb360 w/LIVE Gold. I did have my first copy of Civ break(my youngest took it out set it on the floor and stepped on it – I am sure it was an accident, he was in tears, but thats how it broke). The other copies weren’t replacments really, just one for each of us to play. I went with a DD copy because one of my xboxes was having optical drive troubles and scratching games. I have scince replaced that xb360 w/one of those FF Bundle jobies(250G HDD = nice nice).

@Yoshi

I bought the 10usd copy of Civ IV on steam too. This gives me a dd copy and frees up my disc based game for the second PC we have and again allows us(me and my kids) to play multiplayer. Was too good of a deal to pass up, and believe it or not I had over looked the Colonialzation expac at retail.

@Yoshi and Erth.

Look me up later on when Civ V launches, I have mine preordered w/Steam already.

Just a fyi, if ya haven’t played the Console version of Rev. In some ways I like it better. Takes much of the teddem out of the game. I don’t have to worrie about rescource security and raging barbarians ransacking my mines/windmills etc. Workers are gone from the game, the game animates litte workers that do stuff outside your city. And games can be played in a couple of hours instead of days. The pace of the game is very fast. It does have some draw backs. I don’t enjoy the cartoony aspects of the advisors, civs/leaders are limited in numbers, maps lack the deep custimazation of the PC game, and it is in no way a complete replacement for the PC version. But, it is a fast and fun little strategy game. If you folks don’t already own it and enjoy Civ, might as well grab a copy it is cheap now, and will keep you hooked for a bit if you go in understanding it is a console game and not the deeper then deep PC version.

Oh and if you guys do get a copy, lemme know I have it PS3/xb360, and would enjoy playing co-op or VS with ya.

22. drewbles82

Yeh i understand Microsoft wanting everyone to be on gold memberships but still Halo is the only game for LAN. Halo2 was the best, they changed it too much and Halo3, odst suck 4vs4.
    We love Gears cuz often theres only 4 of us so we do 2vs2. Yes we can 4player splitscreen on one machine but wheres the competition where you can clearly see where your m8 is sniping from, at least if it could do system link 2vs2, that would improve a lot cuz no1 can screen cheat then. They arent going to loose money either, my m8 in the Halo2 days, would get 4xboxs, 4tvs all hooked. 16ppl in a tiny flat, it was awesome, at the time i didnt have an xbox, loads of the other didnt either but most of us actually went to buy 1, our own copy of halo and practised at home so we could be better the next time. Same thing would happen if we could play COD, and we would definately purchase map packs then cuz they would get used so many times. I bought maps for the last COD’s which i never use online. I spoke to loads of guys who are in Iraq etc and they play these games but hate they cant do team matches against each other. theres a demand for it but no company listens.