Green Day: Rock Band demo teases keyboards for RB3 [UPDATE]

Tuesday, 25th May 2010 14:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

greendayrockband

Update: MTV has responded to our inquiry over the keyboard icon, stating that at this time it doesn’t “have anything to announce”, but instead we should “stay tuned for news about Rock Band 3 at E3″. Awesome. Keyboards. FTW. Probably.

Original: Harmonix has released a demo over on XBL for Green Day: Rock Band on Xbox Live. Good news, that.

On top of that though, at the end of the demo is a tease for Rock Band 3 – which just so happens to show a keyboard icon.

Included with the keyboard icon, is one showing three mics – which suggests three-part harmonies won’t stop with The Beatles: Rock Band.

Keyboards for music games have been wanted by some for quite a while, but considering there’s 10 scales on an actual piano, we’re wondering how Harmonix plans on making this work.

We’ll send a mail.

Check the picture of the icons out for yourself over on Kotaku.

Green Day: Rock Band hits the US on June 8 and the UK on June 11.

1. OlderGamer

looking forward to this, but not forward to buying more intruments(tho I do need a drum replacement soon)

2. Stephany Nunneley

If it works with Rock Band 2 – which I assume – then I will get the keyboard day one. Been wanting this for a while actually, just not sure how it will work if the keyboard only has 5 keys tops.

3. mington

innit

4. OlderGamer

If we have a keyboard can we have November Rain from GNR now?

5. mington

Rock Band: Elton John \o/

but am i joking? I’ll get to live out my fantasy of playing Candle in the wind at Diana’s funeral on a fisher price toy

6. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Classic right there! :D

@4 OMG YES! Please!

@5 – Only after we get RB: Depeche Mode :D

7. OlderGamer

lol @Steph!

8. frostquake

Being a Former keyboardist from an 80′s Band, I am excited and scared. My friends who slash with an axe hate the the “plastic toy” as they call it, wonder if I will be able to handle a “plastic keyboard toy”? Or if I will want to play the real notes, ROFL…3 Years of Classical Piano training, that I threw down the tubes to play in an 80′s band, made the Parents Furious…wonder what they will think if they see me playing a video game with it ROFLMAO…I can’t wait…

9. Gekidami

Mic Michaeli? Is that you? :P

If its a full keyboard with all of the keys then that could actually be quite interesting, might actually learn something.

10. OlderGamer

prolly just have 5 keys(colors) on it. But regaurdless I am looking forward to it.

Oh and I must have played the songs in the demo a good 30times yesterday.