Games on Demand gets CoD4, BF2, Battlestations: Midway

Tuesday, 25th May 2010 15:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

cod4

Microsoft has added some war games to its Games on Demand service, in the form of the original Modern Warfare, Battlestations: Midway, and Battlefield 2.

You’ll want to check for availability and pricing in your area, but in the US MW1 will run you $39.99, Battlestations $19.99, and Battlefield 2 will cost $19.99 as well.

You can get more information over on Major Nelson.

1. G1GAHURTZ

FORDY BUCKS!!!??? (said in american accent)

2. theevilaires

FORT-E BUCKS (said in british accent) :D

3. OlderGamer

Thats one of the biggest problems with the Games on Demand service. We can buy this game for less in a store(albeit second hand), and when the prices does continue to drop in stores, it will remain 40usd online. Toss in the almost required dlc to get upto speed with the rest of the game community for most MP focused games, and I wouldn’t touch this with a ten foot poll.

I did buy a Games on Demand copy of Civ Rev tho, at the time it was same price as the store, and my already purchased dlc worked just fine. It gives me a worry free, scratch free, never able to b misplaced copy of the game. Was worth it in that case, to me. But most of these games are a joke due to their stupidly high prices.

4. Patrick Garratt

My favourite Americanism is “innerned” for “internet”. I love it when people say, “Will you wannoo connec to the innerned?” in hotels.

5. OlderGamer

You know that reminds me, do you folks see the xbl feature “Sent u a message”? They are Britts, obviously, but what the hell is up with their hair? It seems like every guy they have on there is having a bad hair piece day. To me that is what their styles look like, a hair piece that has slipped to be nice quite in place. And a dirty greasse looking piece at that.

Guess it must in style or something, what do I know lol. But I laugh everytime I see those guys.

6. Syrok

My pet hate is “inneresting”. There is a T in that word you fools!

7. theevilaires

NEVER BUY A FULL NEXT GEN GAME AS A DOWNLOAD WHEN A DISC VER IS AVAILABLE.

There I taught all of you something today. :D

And Garratt you must be staying at a cheap hotel in red neck country land or something for people to use that kind of pronunciation. That or you watch too much south park.

8. OlderGamer

IDK Tea, I like my Civ Rev, it loads fast and won’t wear out the optic drive.

9. Patrick Garratt

TEA – Come on. “Innerned” is a standard US word. There are variations east to west coast, but it’s always “innerned”.

I’m joking, obviously. I just think it’s cute.

10. theevilaires

See what you started G1GA :D ….and to think I was watching your MW2 vids yesterday laughing at your accent the whole time. :D

11. cookiejar

I’d love to see the stats on how these things sell.

12. theevilaires

Ummmm you can install games to the HDD from the disc O.G. ever try that buddy :P

13. AHA-Lambda

“americans say erbs and we say herbs cos there’s a ****ing h in it”

14. OlderGamer

Yep most of the games I play often are installed, but still requires the drive to verify them on boot. Just saying because I have game discs that my xbox has tired to eat before(scratched to hell and back they are). I heard, right behind over heating bad optic drives are what dies most often on xb360s. Got me a 250G HDD and everything I like gets installed.

15. theevilaires

But aren’t these games on demand highly compressed which leads to bad textures. I guess you don’t mind but the idea something could go wrong with M$ servers where I loss my back up data and I couldn’t re download it puts me off on the whole full next download thing.

A game like pixel junk monsters or Trials HD no problem. I just love box art and stuff too. To each his own.

16. G1GAHURTZ

lol! Sorry. I know someone from China who was born in the US, and so speaks English with an American accent. One time they joked at the way that I hardly pronounce my T’s (Being a Londoner), so I pointed out that they pronounce most of their T’s as D’s, which is still interesting to me, as I never really noticed it until I thought about it in that very conversation.

17. G1GAHURTZ

btw, I’d prefer to have all of my games as downloads, simply because I’d rather load from the HD than bother to swap discs. (Some call it lazy, I call it being efficient!)

Most of these Games on Demand games that I’d want are pretty old, so I already have them anyway, which is why I probably won’t bother with any of them for a while yet.