Second Mass Effect 2 PDLC pack announced

Thursday, 13th May 2010 11:17 GMT By Johnny Cullen

me2 pdlc 2

EA’s revealed a third Mass Effect 2 premium DLC pack, set for launch next month.

Known as ‘Overlord’, the pack will have players trying to fight against an enemy AI through a laboratory.

According to executive producer Casey Hudson, the DLC has “five levels set across one story on one planet”.

Unlike the last piece of PDLC, Kasumi’s Stolen Memory, Overlord won’t add in new party members to your crew. Hudson told Gamerzines that no new additions will be included in future DLC releases.

An exact date or price point wasn’t confirmed at EA’s London showcase yesterday, but Joe’s there for us this morning. We’ll get him to poke for more information on that front.

First shots of the content are below.

1. daytripper

tron meets mass effect 2. hopefully it takes more than 45 mins to complete it.

2. Moonwalker1982

Was the Kasumi DLC that short then?

3. daytripper

there will be more DLC announced at E3 confirms Hudson

4. Johnny Cullen

Just added shots for it.

5. Mauller

@2 Yeah, Kasumi was pretty short. I think it only took me less than 2 hours to complete it. Might have been closer to an hour.

6. blackdreamhunk

sweet news indeed.they should just make mass effect into a guildwars type mmo. endless amount of content. either way I am happy.

7. conk donk

I’ve been saving up the DLC for Mass Effect 2 since before Firewalker came out (or whatever it was called) and plan to play it all at once later sometime before Civ V takes over my life.

8. frostquake

I am purposefully playing this game slow. I am scanning planets and such, ignoring opening the Omega 4 Relay. I want to play all the DLC before playing the last mission.

I beat Dragon Age so quickly, through 2 play through’s that the DLC was not as fun, if I would have taken my time I would have enjoyed it more.

Kasumi’s Memory was fun, but way too short. I enjoyed looking at the Statue of Liberty’s Head though and getting a new gun, and getting a new ship member gave me a new room on the ship…It was a little pricey for about a 2 hour DLC..but that is Microsoft for you.