LittleBigPlanet 2 gets revealed in June Game Informer

Friday, 7th May 2010 21:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

lbp

Looks like LittleBigPlanet 2 will be getting a debut in the June issue of Game Informer.

The news that the game was indeed real was revealed through GI announcing its Gears of War 3 coverage.

Here’s the blurb:

The June issue also includes huge feature articles on Little Big Planet 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, and Fallout: New Vegas. Plus, watch for our complete reviews of Red Dead Redemption, Lost Planet 2, Skate 3, Alan Wake, ModNation Racers, and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

So, now that the cat is out of the bag, all the tweets, a Sony Benelux rep saying that LBP2 was on the way with Move support, and sources claiming the game was in development were all right on the money.

Despite Media Molecule denying it.

Maybe this means we’ll see more at E3 then.

There’s also some supposed information on it through here, but don’t get too excited just in case (thanks, Lucky).

1. Stephany Nunneley

There we go Gek and Hindle. I caved. :D

2. Erthazus

this is some serious info.

I can say, that this is a REAL Masterpiece of this generation.

Soon we can buy one Media Molecule Game and create our own BEST Game that we want. I’m going to spend time researching this editor to DEATH.

I say, to DEATH. I Will create Starcraft III !!!! Motherfuckers!

3. Lucky

4. Gekidami

Sounds insane. If anyone comes across some scans, please share.

5. Erthazus

I hope we will see this game in full glory at E3 2010. I’m hyped about that info. Thats something special.

6. 52pickup

Lots of info. I like the fact that all LBP DLC will carry over. I still enjoy playing the first game. Sony made a smart move buying MM.

7. The Hindle

Potential goty is LBP 2 if that information is anything to go by.

8. manamana

True. Plus its a perfect Move shifter. Maybe that’s why Sony is holding it back till E3.

9. Aimless

Going off the May issue this is also the cover game for the next Edge. I’d guess people won’t be receiving subscriber copies of that until early next week, though.

If the information Lucky linked to is legitimate then it sounds like just the sort of progression I was hoping for. I found the original LBP to be a bit one-note, but just one or two of the new features mentioned opens up tons of possibilities.

10. AliTheBrit19

All of this is nuts, came out of no where

And now they are saying a 2010 release? holy crap lol

In any case I dont think I’ll get it, simply because this type of game takes up too much of your life!

I became obsessed with the last one.

11. Haseef

Woah! …guess LBP2 won’t be “counter-productive” to the first

12. theevilaires

I’m just hoping online will be lag free this time. Haven’t seen Syrok post yet he must still be cleaning himself from the shit storm that erupted in his undies :D

13. Erthazus

@12 i, myself trying to clean my undies out of this shitstorm.

Seriously, i just thought of the possibilities. It’s just insane.

If this could be on PC, oh shit what could be in this generation. Hell, everybody could make games and sell its own copies :D LOL

14. Blerk

Unsurprising, but interesting anyway. I’ve enjoyed playing the PSP version of the original, although I’ve not touched the level creator. It all looks a bit too much like hard work.

15. manamana

Same goes for me. Since I realized that I’m to lazy I started to watch, what others do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePztYj-O1ts&feature=youtube_gdata

16. ExclusivesMostly

@3: thanks for the link.

/approaches ps3 and inserts LBP.

17. MRxVENGEANCE

@Aimless Yes EDGE has LBP2 on the cover, on sale 11th May. Online embargo lifts Monday at 2pm. :)

18. Isaaclarke37