Buy Singularity, get Prototype for free

Wednesday, 28th April 2010 20:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

singularity

Singularity’s out on June 29, and to get you even more excited for the time-traveling shooter, for a limited time you can get Prototype free as a purchase incentive.

It’s for the Xbox 3360 version, and you have to show proof of purchase by taking advantage of Activision’s mail-in offer.

No word yet on how long the deal lasts, but this isn’t the first time the publishers has offered a mail-in two-for-one deal on its games – GH5 and GH: Van Halen.

Funnily enough, we have yet to crack open the plastic on either one of those, for some odd reason.

Singularity is out on June 29 for PC and PS3 as well.

Via PR mail.
Singularity_360_front_flat

1. AHA-Lambda

yea and funnily enough the last time one of the games given away was shit

2. Anders

Activision must really believe in this one.

3. Phoenixblight

How so because they are offering a shit game with SIngularity? Prototype is going for 10 bucks for a reason.

4. AHA-Lambda

i meant singularity was goin to be shit. i liked prototype =/

5. Anders

If Prototype is your definition of a shit game, I’d love to know what you think about the really bad ones. The ones that don’t have 80% on Metacritic. Also, please let me know where I can get it for ten bucks. That sounds like an awesome deal.

As for your question, Activision wouldn’t bundle Singularity with another game if they don’t expect it to sell poorly.

6. AHA-Lambda

i gotta say i do still love the irony of activision having the most successful ip of all time and yet pretty much ALL of their franchises sell like shit XD

IMO once the inevitable cod mmo comes out the series will seriosuly suffer thereafter

7. DaMan

wow, below 80 on Metacritic is absolutely shit, eh.

I ‘d say if you do take those retarded meta scores that place CheatCC alongside GamesTM seriously, the crap begings at 70.

8. Anders

You missed my point, DaMan.

9. DaMan

oh, I did? sorry then.

10. Erthazus

I smell something fishy about Singularty if they are giving free Prototype game.

Prototype game was not a bad game and not the best game. I can’t describe how it was, but it was fun.

11. JimFear666

oh shit i dont have an xbox3360 :(

12. Benjo1981

Lol, how powerful would that thing be?! That’s like 15th generation stuff! Could fly to the moon with that tech..

13. TraceableX

Prototype is one fucking shitty-shit game. Don’t waste even 10 USD on it.

Boring. I’ve got it 2 weeks ago for PS3; the missions are BORING BORING BORING. Graphics are meh.

4/10
    +4 for the fun of running on big buildings.

14. Phoenixblight

Prototype was in the bargain bin a month or so ago at Walmart, I know because I work there.

If you go off of reviews and Metacritic on buying games you are wasting a lot of cash.

15. thomThumb

Another Singularity Trailer!

16. Anders

@14 Fair enough.

I didn’t buy it though, I reviewed it. Bad presentation and story, but still a enjoyable ride. Gave it 7/10.

17. Blerk

The new trailer was pretty good, although it would’ve been nice to see a bit of actual game.

Giving an old game away with your new one seems to be becoming popular – THQ did the same with Darksiders/Red Faction: Guerilla a few months back.

18. Gheritt White

This doesn’t not bode well for the game’s review scores.