Kojima: I’ll leave games industry if I “mess up” next project

Thursday, 15th April 2010 10:59 GMT By Johnny Cullen

kojima

Hideo Kojima has said that if he messes up his next project, he will leave the games industry.

The Metal Gear Solid creator and Kojima Productions boss tweeted: “The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo. If I mess up, I’ll probably have to leave the industry.”

Oh ‘noes!

“However, I don’t want to pass by avoiding that. I turn 47 this year. It’s been 24 years since I started making games. Today, I got an ally who would happily support me in that risk. Although it’s just one person. For a start, it’s good,” he further added.

Already, Kojima has entered into “New Title Mode”, also tweeting about mechs earlier this week, which has led people to believe his next game could be Zone of the Enders 3.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Erthazus

If he will leave the game industry, i will stop playing games (on consoles).

He is the biggest reason why i still have PS1,PS2,PS3. If he will leave, i can give a fuck about consoles.

2. Blerk

I’m trying to think what the last Kojima game I actually played was… probably MGS2?

3. Isuru86

I don’t like his face

4. Johnny Cullen

5. Freek

Just like he wasn’t going to be involved with MGS anymore after MGS2…I mean MGS3…I mean 4…I mean Peacewalker…

6. DaMan

Blerk, same here.

7. The Hindle

Mgs 4 here and that was bloody brill.

8. Len

He’s so full of it. He’s never gonna leave so stop making stuff up Mr K.

I played most of MGS – was ok but didn’t finish it. Tried again with MGS2/3/4 and each time got bored rigid within a few hours. I just don’t get ‘em but millions obviously do.

9. DaMan

I did go through 3, and even 4 once. but just to check them out. I didn’t find them worth spending any decent amount of time, let alone multiple replays.

10. Johnny Cullen

:O

Don’t ever badspeak MGS3!

MGS4, as much as I love it, I can understand. But I wlll not have MGS3 get bitchslapped, k!?

11. blackdreamhunk

he must be under a lot of stress and he is a perfectionist.

12. Mauller

So he’ll just go on to write really convoluted interactive movies……he’s going to rebrand MGS basically.

13. ybfelix