Croteam and Devolver Digital released new screens and a video for Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter over on the game’s official website, along with some details surrounding the game itself.
Looks like it will include single-player, survival and cooperative play, versus and team modes and 18 classic and new multiplayer maps.
Here’s the rundown, courtesy of Shack:
- Various Environments and Secrets – Unleash mayhem on 3 different spectacular worlds: South America, ancient Mesopotamia and medieval Europe. Discover over 130 secrets including over 15 brand NEW! ones hidden in the fray.
- Unique Enemies and Bosses – Fight with 27 nightmarish warriors in Mentals’ army, including old favorites from The First Encounter like Beheaded Kamikaze, Syrian Werebull and Kleer Skeleton. Go head to head against 5 new enemies and 3 new Bosses.
- Special Weapons and Power-Ups- Wreak havoc with a huge arsenal of weapons including 3 new toys: the Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower and Chainsaw. Use Power-Ups to additionally increase your fighting and agility skills.
- Serious Multiplayer and Steam – Plunge into chaos with up to 16 players in campaign cooperative mode or watch all hell break loose in over 8 classic and brand new deathmatch maps with up to 16 players! Track your score on Steam leaderboards and earn over 40 new Steam achievements!
- New Survival, Co-Op, Versus and Team Modes – Try to stay alive as long as you can against continued enemies attacks in Survival mode with specially designed survival maps! Play even more along your friends in new co-op modes including Coin-Op Co-Op! Fight against your friends in more versus modes including Beast Hunt and My Burden! Compete against other teams in Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Last Team Standing!
Game’s out on Steam and XBL April 28, and if you pre-order through Steam, you get 10 percent off.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.