Pokemon Black and White coming to Japan this fall

Friday, 9th April 2010 06:02 GMT By Nathan Grayson

pokemonblackandwhite

Are you ready for more Pokemon? No? Yeah, neither are we, honestly.

But Nintendo’s not a company to be constrained by the petty laws of supply and demand, so empty your pockets, because more monsters are coming your way

Nintendo’s posted a teaser site for Pokemon Black and White, the next two iterations in its fiendishly addictive RPG gateway drug. The games are set to launch on the DS this fall in Japan. An inevitable Western launch date is yet to be announced.

Other than that, details are scarce. The teaser suggests that we’ll find out more on April 15, though, so hopefully Nintendo will let the Meowth out of the bag soon.

And while we know it’s unlikely, we’re hoping Nintendo’s brought Peter Molyneux on board for this one. Thus, the “Black and White” moniker. Can you imagine it? 20 story-tall Pokemon duking it out while tiny villagers scatter in fear of being mashed into sticky puddles of paste. Fingers crossed, everyone.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Talyis

Seriously they need to make a pokemon game that has all creatures in the game, it’s annoying that every time you need to buy 2 games and here is an idea make it for the Wii!

2. Blerk

RACIST!

3. blackdreamhunk

more like masons

4. Blerk

What, like bricklayers?

5. blackdreamhunk

lets say they have a thing for black and white, yea them brick layers

6. mington

when my friend was a kid the masons burnt down his family home

fucking freemasons

(shit! now my house is gonna get burnt down)

7. blackdreamhunk

when i was little I was told my ancestors made secret societie and my god is going to destroy secret societies :)

8. Pyrix

omgyeeeessssss *squeals like a little girl*

Obviously it’s going to be ages before it releases in English, but more Pokemon is always welcome news for me, especially new games. HeartGold/SoulSilver is fun but it was better the first time around.

I was wondering where they were going to go next with this in terms of names. We just had fucking PLATINUM, not much beats that. I suppose they could have gone to Uranium and Plutonium or something, but they’ve gone back to the colours that started it all.

9. Tonka

What would St MJ say?

10. Syrok

It’s black. It’s white. Whoooooo!

11. Ark

YEAHHH … I havenĀ“t finish heartgold and nintendo trown me this new version that I must buy *zombie sound*, 200 more pokemon will be ok but if nintendo make this his last pokemon game it will be fair to do 400 more pokemon!!! and also the names suck

12. Neolucifer

What’s with the attitude from some news outlet? I dont see that much mocking and disdain for franchise that are as tired and milked all the time .

I dislike Pokemon games as well , but they must be doing something right and actually filling a demand for it .