Sony E3 presser confirmed for June 15

Tuesday, 6th April 2010 19:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

jacktretton

Sony’s E3 press conference will take place on June 15, the company said today.

The event will be held at the Shrine Audutorium from 11:30am PST. That’s 7:30pm BST and 8:30pm CET, as seen here in the invite sent out to press.

Last year’s event saw formal reveals of Gran Turismo 5, Team ICO’s Last Guardian, the gigaton that was Final Fantasy XIV and the debut of ModNation Racers, as well as “the worst kept secret of E3″ last year, according to Sony’s Kaz Hirai, PSP go.

The news arrives after Microsoft confirmed it’s set to hold its press conference on June 14 at the Wiltern Theater: a day after holding a special Natal-only event at the USC Galen Center on June 13.

Nintendo hasn’t formally announced the date for its press conference yet, but is expected to be the same day as Sony’s, June 15.

1. Moti

Just like last year.
    Last press conference, the best conference.

2. cookiejar

I like the Sony conference.
    Not just for the games, but seeing how nervous Jack Tretton gets its always a fun experience :D

Should be good this year, though.
    I’d love to hear about Agent.

3. Peetry

Yey love the E3 build up. Hopefully this year Nintendo will show Zelda, Microsoft will have something other than Natal and Halo( plus probably some timed exclusive CoD maps) and Sony will manage to keep at least 1 secret. Also I’m hoping to see a lot of Agent and BF3

4. get2sammyb

Are you seeing a different Jack Tretton to me? Reggie aside, I think he’s the coolest exec at E3. I like his style. Rolls up his sleeves and gets to business.

5. AHA-Lambda

@3 – if anything it seems for once sony has the most secrets actually (ok bar infamous, resistance and killzone) and MS has had thiers leaked (gears 3 and 360 slim)

6. Peetry

@4 Agreed, Tretton is the only exec who I actually like

@5 if they announce R3, KZ3 and a new infamous I’ll be quite happy. Also on the look out for more Warhawk news, plus new title from MM.

7. cookiejar

@4 Yeah hes stylish, he just gets nervous doing E3 and you can see it. He even admits it.

I prefer him to any of the others, though.

Even King Ken! :D

8. theevilaires

No one was better than Phil Harrison. He should be the president not Kaz.

9. Razor

7:30pm’s a great time….it’s one of the advantages of living in the UK I guess.

So stoked this year (although I think know that I wrote exactly the same thing last year.) :D

Going last is good I suppose. At least you know what others have announced.

10. justiceblob

didnt Phil Harrison leave for Namco? Unless they paid him a shitload of money, that has to be a pretty bad career move, legacy wise.

11. Johnny Cullen

Yeah, he moved to Atari in 2008.

12. Erthazus

I like Jack Tretton a lot. He can bring some heat.

@5 Gears 3 and 360 just rumored. I don’t think so that all is going to happen, except Gears Of War 3 that soon Cliffy B will show.

13. JimFear666

kevin butler plz kthxbai

14. RoarrrUK

Kevin Butler +1

I’d love to see a release date for GT5 (new videos here: http://www.gtplanet.net/ferrari-enzo-lamborghini-gallardo-gt5-videos/#more-5797) Enzo with moving rear wing.

15. cookiejar

VP of drinking ice cold water on an E3 stage whilst demoing LBP2.

16. Blerk

Nice, should be able to sit down and watch this as it happens again!

17. f1r3storm

I hope they have that translator again.