Cage: Next Quantic Dream game already “written”

Saturday, 20th March 2010 15:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

QD Logo

Quantic Dream boss and Heavy Rain writer David Cage has said he already has the basis of the story for his next game “written”.

Speaking on last night’s GameTrailers TV, he said he wants to “explore and discover new things” with the game.

“I have written the next game, so I have a very clear idea,” said Cage. “It’s not fully written, it still in the synopsis stage, but I have a very clear idea for where I want to go next.

“I don’t want just to make some kind of sequel or whatever, I really want to continue to explore and discover new things and experiment, this is what I’m really excited about.”

He further added: “It’s going to be very different, and I think it’s going to be very surprising.”

So how far off is it, Davey? Years? Centuries?

“Yeah, maybe less than you think.”

Oh. Even better.

Quantic Dream made Heavy Rain, which was released at the end of February for PS3. It has become a massive success, both critically and in terms of sales, holding a top ten position in the UK charts since its release.

Watch the full GTTV episode here.

1. Erthazus

PS3 exclusive, or?

2. Michael O’Connor

Nobody cares, MrSpoiled.

Anyway, this is great news.

When you think about it, they already have the proprietary system in place thanks to Heavy Rain, so its purely a case of creating / animating the story.

There is little reason they couldn’t have started development on this while Heavy Rain was being worked on either, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw this within a year.

3. Gekidami

4. Michael O’Connor

“Could “less than you think” mean E3? Hum, i’d doubt it but it would be quite the surprise.”

If it does, I know whose won E3 2010 for me already.

5. DeSpiritusBellum

It had to be posted.

It’s cool if an experiment like this works, but a game built around qte still seems a little anemic to me. I liked Indigo Prophecy in spite of its flaws, but I don’t see why you couldn’t make a game with an amazing story and a more imaginative gameplay mechanic at the same time.

It’s a bit like Guitar Hero, except you’re playing a CGI flick.

6. Monk

@ 5
    can you please copy the article from the website that you put link
    here, because it didn`t open with me. :(

7. DeSpiritusBellum

@6 It was just a joke. Someone made a flash game where the only objective is to press X to make your character call out for his son Jason. It’s a pretty funny spoof on Heavy Rain :p

8. Monk

:P

9. xino

““It’s not fully written, it still in the synopsis stage, but I have a very clear idea for where I want to go next.”

ahhh damn man..it can’t be Omikron 2!

After making Indigo Prophecy, they confirmed Omad Soul 2, they should have started but made heavy rain instead:/

if Omikron 2 is in development it should surely take 2012 for it to be released.

10. Gekidami

I think him saying:
    “I don’t want just to make some kind of sequel or whatever”
    Sort of confirms that it wont be a sequel to anything.