Just Cause 2 demo downloaded over 2 million times

Wednesday, 17th March 2010 20:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

justcause22

Square and Avalanche released another Anatomy of a Stunt video today for Just Cause 2, along with announcing that the game’s demo had been downloaded over 2 million times since March 4.

Here’s the blurb from the PR mail:

Since its launch on March 4th, the Just Cause 2 playable demo has taken the internet by storm, receiving well over 2 million downloads. In that time, players have driven a distance equivalent to a trip from the earth to the moon and back four times; Panau Island has lost almost 30 million of its population (with approximately 2.5 million headshots, almost a million drivers hurled from hijacked vehicles and 27,000 Piñata kills); and players have BASE jumped the equivalent of a freefall through the Earth’s core, pole-to-pole, twice.

That’s a load of stats right there.

You can watch the video over on The Lost Gamer, where agent Rico Rodriguez demonstrates that even a harmless island taxi can be turned into a deadly missile.

Game’s out on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 March 23 in North America and March 26 in Europe and not to worry – it’ll get some DLC lovin’ after release.

1. Xanthene

i don’t think that 2 million is anything to brag about. the game is horrible and the demo will probably hurt games sales rather than help.

2. Michael O’Connor

You are possibly the only person I know that thinks that Just Cause 2, based on the demo, is a “horrible” game.

I haven’t had that much fun with a demo since Burnout Paradise.

3. Filofax

Really looking forward to the full game next week.

4. loki

and 2 millions regrets about that

5. Syrok

Not at all. It’s great fun. The story and voice acting will probably be crap, but causing chaos is so much fun.

6. Madlink

Loved the demo. It made the game a ‘must have’ for me. Just really good fun.

@Xanthene and loki, Why no love for Just Cause 2?

7. MushroomStamp

I agree.. this game is a BLAST!! it’s just FUN!

8. Tamo123

This is definitely a game I will be buying on release day unlike Ubisofts titles. These developers actually deserve the money.

9. Michael O’Connor

Am I the only one who found it really surreal when the Square Enix logo popped up on screen though? It’s strange seeing Square’s name on a game like this…

10. Blerk

No, that was a bit of an eyebrow raiser for me as well.

I played through the demo and thought it was interesting, but I didn’t get the “instant love” thing that I thought I would like I did with the Crackdown demo. It all seemed a bit fiddly and I wasn’t entirely clear what I should even be doing aside from “trying to destroy things with a logo on them” which I seemed to have some trouble finding. I think I need to go back and play it again.

11. DaMan

the demo was good.

better than I expected, really didn’t like the first game myself.