Naughty Dog: “It would be a shame” if there was no Jak and Daxter PS3

Monday, 15th March 2010 06:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

jak and daxter

Still looking to live that Jak and Daxter dream for PS3? Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells has said not to expect anything from the studio.

That said, “it would be a shame” if the game didn’t appear on PS3.

Speaking at GDC last week to Joystiq, he said if push comes to shove and it can’t find a “partner” to do it, Naughty Dog will do it instead.

“It’s hard to admit that would be in our past, because we definitely still have a real soft spot in the heart for the franchise,” said Wells.

“We don’t have the resources. So, we’re gonna have to choose our battles. I’m not sure whether Jak and Daxter will win that battle.

“Like you were saying, though, with trying to find a partner to work with us on the PSP version of Uncharted, I think it would be a shame if there weren’t a Jak and Daxter for the PS3 generation. So, if we can’t find a partner for one of those, then maybe we’re going to have to find a budget ourselves.”

The dream is still alive, J&D fans.

1. rainer

Would be a lot better if Naughty Dog did it, even a low budget episodic PSN title might be worth doing.

2. NGCes26294BIV

This kinda translates to “Sony has us doing Uncharted 3 already, and they’re not letting us do anything else, so unless we can find someone else to make it for us… sorry!”

Doesn’t it?

3. Badger

Good news. I love the series, and was just thinking about getting Jak X and The Lost Frontier to round out my collection. If they did this I would probably convince myself to get a PS3 what with all the decent titles coming out recently as well.

4. Gheritt White

Jak & Daxter > Ratchet & Clank != Banjo & Kazooie.

5. SreyaNotfilc

Of course Naughty Dog isn’t going to do another Jak. PSOne had Crash, PS2 had Jak and PS3 had Drake. I wouldn’t be surprised if PS4 had another franchise. It’s good that they look to new experiences and games, for Naughty Dog is an amazing game studio.