BioWare drops potential February 1, 2011 date for Dragon Age 2

Thursday, 11th March 2010 21:01 GMT By Johnny Cullen

DA2

BioWare may have hinted at a set-in-stone date of Tuesday February 1, 2011 as the release date for Dragon Age 2.

A teaser card, with the series trademark logo, is packed in with US retail copies of Dragon Age: Origins expansion, Awakening.

The new content is released on PSN only in Europe for PS3 owners, while PC and 360 owners can pick it up at retail as well as download.

Last month, EA announced a new Dragon Age was in development for Q4 of fiscal 2011 – between January-March 2011 – for consoles, handhelds and PC .

Whatever the case, it looks like this will be one of BioWare’s planned E3 announcements that boss Ray Muzyka hinted at a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks, 1UP.

1. Michael O’Connor

Oooooooh… *eyes glaze over*

2. Nathan Grayson

Sorry, 2010. You’re dead to me now.

3. blackdreamhunk

wow that’s pretty fast alot really good games coming out.

4. MushroomStamp

HOpefully it will have better AI for the characters. I could only get 1/2 way thru before the tedium of micromanaging every character drove me insane.

5. Michael O’Connor

It’s an RPG. That’s kinda the point.

6. The Hindle

Speaking of Bioware Kasumi dlc coming pretty soon.

7. Paavi

So if PS3 version is PSN only, why does the image show the disc based Awakening for PS3 =P

8. Gekidami

“In Europe”

9. blackdreamhunk

nice find personal I want an exspanion of mass effect with more of the console and citadel.

maybe space flight

It’s good to keep track what is coming out and what not.

10. Johnny Cullen

Paavi – It’s getting a disc release in the US, hence why you see a disc above.

Click the relevent link and you’ll know what I’m on about.

11. Tomo

Still need to finish the first one dammit! :x

12. Paavi

I’m sorry, it seems like I am unable to read properly!

My apologies. I’ll get the chair and some rope…

13. Hunam

That seems quite quick for a sequel but then again if it’s in the same engine probably not, as it’s a fairly quick engine to build for content wise.

14. Phoenixblight

@Hunam

Ray already stated it will look a lot better than the original. SO that could mean new engine or an updated version of the current one.

15. Uncontested

Wow, so much for ‘tons’ of DLC they promised. lol..

16. Hunam

Uncontested: That’s still a year away nearly, I’d imagine a couple more expansions and a slew of DLC could come out, hell we don’t know it’s a sequel or something else.

17. Michael O’Connor

“Wow, so much for ‘tons’ of DLC they promised. lol..”

You mean other than the extra character, armour, three side missions, *and* the expansion? Its quite possible the expansion will have DLC as well.

The game is still being supported 5 months after launch. I call that pretty substantial DLC where I come from.

18. revolting

It could possibly be a teaser for another large expansion pack like Awakening. As much as I’d love it to be DA2, it does seem a little soon. (Although it’ll have been out 1.3 years by next year, so maybe not…)

19. Johnny Cullen

I doubt it tbh.

The new DA was slapped in between January and March 2011 by EA last month, so it has to be that.

20. Blerk

I haven’t even bought the first one yet!

21. johnnythelizard

Wow, so much for ‘tons of DLC they promised. lol..