IO gives “no comment” to Freedom Fighters 2

Friday, 15th January 2010 17:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Freedom Fighters

Freedom Fighters was a very good game when it released six-and-a-half years ago.

So where’s the sequel, IO?

“No comment,” was all Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days director Karsten Lund was offering to VG247 at an event to show off the studio’s latest project.

“We get that a lot,” Lund further added.

Back in 2003, EA published Freedom Fighters for PS2, Xbox, GameCube and PC. It remains to be the only game made by the developer that wasn’t published by Eidos.

FF saw plumber Christopher Stone lead an American resistance group against an occupying Soviet army in New York. The game was set in a world where the Soviet Union survived WWII after dropping an A- Bomb on Berlin to end the war.

In 2004, Eidos announced the sequel, which was due in the second half of 2005.

Freedom Fighters 2 is, apparently, still on the developer’s to-do list, but IO moved onto Kane & Lynch, and the rest, they say, is history.

Find our full interview with Karsten Lund here.

1. SniperWolf

OMG i loved that game so much

2. VIP0R

Yeah that game was Awesome!
    I Loved the Multi-player too, I just wish it was LIVE Enabled back in the day. =]

I’m also sure a sequel got announced with a few shots of Concept art, but that was at least 4-5 years ago!

3. The Juice707

I remember playing this on my Gamecube back in the day and loving it. The best part of the game imo was after you beat it, they put in that extra level that was really hard after the credits. I think that is how it was at least. Any way, this was definitely a game that deserved a sequel.

4. Dralen

Damn!! I wish I still had this game. Thinking back makes me feel nostalgic, that story was sweet.

5. No_PUDding

It was great, I played in co-op with a friend.

But looking back I can’t for the life of me remember why I liked it so much.