Ubisoft: Beyond Good & Evil 2 is “still in production”

Thursday, 14th January 2010 10:36 GMT By Johnny Cullen

beyondgoodandevila

Speaking with Gamekult, Ubisoft France boss Geoffroy Sardin has revealed that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still in production.

Good news, innit.

Asked if both the pig-based sequel and I Am Alive were still on the go, he said (via translations):

“They are still in production every two …”

The last anything was heard on BG&E2 was when the game was, apparently, put on hold last August.

Some leaked footage, apparently of the game, came out nearly three weeks before E3 last year.

The game was first shown at Ubidays 2008, but since then, nothing official has come from Ubisoft in terms of media.

1. Hunam

\o/

2. Blerk

I’m not holding my breath. It’ll probably be out right after I Am Alive.

3. Hunam

I Am Alive as in the game, or I Am Alive as in it will be out after you have done the living part of life?

4. Blerk

Whichever happens last.

5. The Hindle

Wooooooo finally they have fucking acknoledged the game

6. onlineatron

I wonder if BGE2 will be a direct continuation of the last game.

SPOILERS

If I remember correctly, at the end of the first game, Pey’j (sp?) was infected by the DomZ.

7. The Hindle

Going of the teaser trailer they showed 2 year ago Pegj had his hand in a bandage so its possible

8. onlineatron

Let’s hope.

I would imagine they wouldn’t want to alienate new consumers though…

It seems quite a tricky game to develop..

How do you develop a sequel to a game that hardly anyone played? Do you put tons of money into it, make it a massive experience and hope new consumers get interested in it or do you keep the budget small to try and minimize loses?

Do you continue the story directly or start something revamp and new?

Not to mention how you would go about marketing a game starring a pig and involving taking pictures of wildlife… especially post MW.

9. The Hindle

Hahaha good point onlineatron, I think they market it like they did Assassins creed though nothing can fail if they do that. The only reason the first failed is lack of marketing no one knew about the game at all

10. onlineatron

But the distinct lack of blood, swords and cool-ass looking cowls may go against that.

Especially with it’s unique stylized look… unless they change all that, which will piss me of incredibly!

11. DJ Deathstar

I think they should release the original on Live/PSN when leading up to the sequel to give those who didn’t try it when it was originaly released an idea of the story! That would be awesome!

12. mington

@11 i don’t, i rented it last year to see what all the fuss was about and it really hadn’t aged well, i only played it for a few hours before i completely lost interest…maybe if they gave it a god of war style hd update

i also played perfect dark and Majora’s Mask years after their initiation release and didn’t enjoy them either

please don’t hate me

13. onlineatron

@mington

It’s to be expected, don’t worry.

Most games are only truly fantastic a few years around their release dates. Times changes, systems get better and tastes improve.

All games are very personal experiences… if something doesn’t click for you then it’s not a problem (Well shouldn’t be) to others.

14. AHA-Lambda

Thank god I feared this game was cancelled, now we just need more media

15. Quiiick

… I loved the last boss-battel in the original where at some point the controls were mirrored vertically. :)
    Can’t recall the story though … only remember that she was uncovering things using a camera.

16. Quiiick

@ onlineatron
    Tastes seldom improve. Perceptions do however. ;)

17. MasterChiefFenix

better be awesome with this much time :/

18. rdrcheats

Does “Beyond Good & Evil 2″ have an option for cheats as rockstar has Red Dead Redemption Cheats.com option???.