Darksiders won’t have demo, no DLC planned

Monday, 21st December 2009 16:08 GMT By Patrick Garratt

darksiders5

The apparently excellent Darksiders won’t be getting a demo, Vigil GM David Adams has told VG247.

“We aren’t doing a demo,” said the exec, speaking to Steph Nunneley in an interview published today.

“We didn’t have the time our resources to prepare one – finishing the game came right down to the wire.”

Adams went on to say that there are currently no DLC plans for the demonic actioner, “but it’s always a possibility.”

He added: “We’re just glad to have the base game done.”

Darksiders has the best demons in games. Watch us play the first 20 minutes here.

1. Alakratt

Jesus! What’s the deal with devs!? A demo gives your game way more exposure AND can clear doubts in gamers that don’t know if they’re gonna buy it or not. BTW, I know it’s extra work, but it’s worth it. I really think this is devs being lazy or arrogant.

2. Gheritt White

No, it denotes a lack of time and/or resources. They’ll do a demo, just it won’t appear until a couple of months after the game has already shipped.

3. Hunam

Or maybe they’ll be too busy doing real work, real work being Warhammer 40K MMO that I want more than Tiger Woods wants a nice blonde.

4. DeSpiritusBellum

When I look at Darksiders, I think “Man, that game is gonna be so good” – But I did the exact same thing with Brütal Legend for like 3 years, and that turned out to be a total lame duck. Considering how similar the two seem to be, I’m just thinking that I’ve been burned before.

It does have unfortunate choppers though. And Satan.

5. Alakratt

@ Gheritt White

That’s the thing, other devs have said before that they’ll release a demo after the game ships. And yes, I know it takes time and resources. But still, a demo could help their game, after all, it is a new IP.