Video – 20 mins of us playing Army of Two: The 40th Day

Friday, 18th December 2009 16:32 GMT By Patrick Garratt

armyoftwo40thday6

Hit the link for 20 minutes of us playing Army of Two: The 40th Day, the demo of which released for both 360 and PS3 yesterday.

There’s a lot shown off in there: co-op controls, a morality system, weapons upgrades, a GPS thing, some buildings blowing up and two large men bumping chests together. It’s got it all.

Note: this is only playable with a live partner. No bots. Which is why it’s taken so long to get this live. Watch to the end and see Johnny’s connection crap out. It’s hilarious.

The game’s out on January 15.

1. Eregol

I downloaded the demo.
    I went to play it today, I sat, and stared at it, then remembered how nonplussed I was with it at Eurogamer and decided not to bother.

2. Redh3lix

The first one was utter crap as a single player game, although epic fun as two player. Same goes for this one Eregol.

3. DaMan

that looks better than I expected, might try this one later.

4. ybfelix

ShangHai is not that dusty..

5. Hunam

I played it today with my cousin and we thought it was great fun, we’re both going to buy the first one over the weekend because of it.

6. ricardolessa

Is possible play it with a co-op off-line?

7. Hunam

Yep. The first was online only I think, the demo, which I assume is the same as the full game, has splitscreen, system link and online.

8. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Couldn’t find anyone in the “public” forum. Guess only private is the option – have to wait.

9. Johnny Cullen

It’s good fun to be honest.

Not like, you know, great, innit. But good fun regardless.

And FYI, in case you didn’t know, go for a headshot. Seriously. The heads literally pop in half.

I’m not joking. :D

10. Yoshi

I downloaded the demo of this today, tried going online and couldnt find anyone =/

11. Hunam

I think the concept probably gets better the more you go on. The guys with the shields near the end were quite good because I just emptied my clip at the front of them as my parter snuck around and popped their bonces.

It’s also quite good on the bit just after that where you get split up and the guy in the camp has to call out a rocker launcher dude for the team mate to snipe as well as keeping him aware when you are getting flanked so he can again pop some bonce.

12. Patrick Garratt

It definitely started getting much better towards the end of that video, after the tutorial sections. I’m up for the full thing. Provided I can find a partner who’s internet connection can last more than 20 minutes without blowing up ;)

13. Hunam

I’m kinda getting into the whole 2 player co-op thing now. Me and my cousin are about the same skill level and enjoy the exact same things so we’ve been having a great time on XBL lately. Still not really sold on 4 player shenanigans, but that’s for other games :P

14. Johnny Cullen

¬_¬

15. Blerk

What a weird thing to do to a demo. I surmise the full game can be played with an AI partner, right?

16. Johnny Cullen

I assume so.

There was an option in the demo where you could play with the AI, but it was locked.