Sony teases Christmas surpirse for Demon’s Souls

Friday, 11th December 2009 22:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

demonssouls

Sony has Twitter teased the masses today with what appears to be a surprise of sorts for Demon’s Souls players.

Here’s the tweet:

Heroes of Boletaria, take heart: rumor has it the Old One’s power will falter in the days following the winter solstice #demonssouls

The only thing we can figure out, same with Cinemablend, is that the difficulty may get taken down a notch come the solstice on December 21.

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

More through the links.

1. Hunam

Might finally be able to do 5-2 then.

2. Dannybuoy

I’m uming and aring about buying this game. I’m pretty much decided that it’s the right thing to do but I’m just not sure how difficult DIFFICULT is… Getting stuck and dying over and over might push me over the edge. Can anyone hand on heart say this really is a good as the reviews are making out?

3. Stephany Nunneley

I can. Hand on heart. It gets VERY frustrating, no joking about it. However, when you finally make it through the sense of accomplishment is second to none.

4. The Hindle

Please be a Uk release date.

5. deanimate

i will really have to work on my friends with a ps3 to buy this.

6. Jadeskye

This isn’t out in the UK? Thats nuts.

7. The Hindle

Just buy one yourself Deanimate, any true gamer would have both consoles.

8. Mafro

It’s obvious it will be pure white world tendency, the opposit of what they did during Halloween where they had pure black.

9. mescalineeyes

best game to come out on next-gen consoles.

Dannybuoy: honest to god, with a little googling and clever use of the blue soul signs, it’s, well, not a cakewalk, but probably the most fulfilling experience you will ever have on a console.

10. Dannybuoy

Sold! Can any one recomend the beat place to import? Yesasia? Which version is best? Asian, Japanese or Usa?

11. Syrok

Surprisingly after the first level I didn’t find it frustrating at all. I don’t know whether it’s the order in which I go through each level (First all x-1 before moving on to x-2) but it’s been a walk in the park (a very scary park) most of the time.

12. Hunam

Some bit take a lot of time and practice, like early megaman games. When it comes to bosses you might be tempted to tackle them alone like I did, but pulling in another player to help really saves your day and has no extra cost to yourself.

Hard, frustrating, but overwhelmingly rewarding.

13. deanimate

I’m a PC and Wii man right now. I will get a PS3 when I have the monies available as there are plenty of quality games I would like to try. Not fussed about the 360 though. Much more impressed with PS3 overall.

14. Len

I also have a qu for all you enthusiasts.

Similar to dannybuoy I’ve been umming and aahing over buying this for literally months.

The difficulty thing I can deal with but and this may sound like a ridiculous qu, how much of an rpg is it…?

I seriously dislike jprg and this doesn’t seem to be in that boat at all, which is good (for me). I love my 3rd person action adventures but this is obviously has a lot more depth and slower pace than those (again no bad thing).

So, will I like it…? I really don’t want to miss out on what seems to be a universally praised game but am v worried it just might not be for me. Any other titles you could compare it to maybe…?

Any thoughts/comments ppl…?

15. Syrok

Not very RPG-like at all in my opinion. Sure you have the standard RPG classes (that luckily doesn’t mean that you can’t have spells if you start out as a knight for instance) and you level up, but in my opinion thats about it. There are no real quests either, so it’s more like an action adventure game with a leveling system.
    I can’t really compare it to another game. Maybe Diablo, but I haven’t played much of that.

I think you might like it. I initially thought it might be too dark for my taste, but I actually enjoyed. It’s not the sort of “everybody is going to kill you” sort of dark, but rather “there might be something that can kill you around the next corner, you’ll find out once you are there” dark.

16. mescalineeyes

@dannybuoy
    buy it from videogamesplus.ca

17. Len

Cool, thx Syrok. That sort of ‘dark’ appeals to me.

Sod it, I’m gonna give it a go… :)

18. frostquake

Bought and Love…Though to unlock this special Content one must Dance the Naked Pagan Dance around the Christmas Tree at midnight and the FULL MOON…ARRRRrooooooooo!!! Wow I am getting Hair…time to get that Philips Norelco Shaver out..