Dead Space IP needs a “senior online level designer”

Monday, 7th December 2009 21:26 GMT By Patrick Garratt

deadspace

Guess what? Unless Visceral’s being amazingly cryptic, Dead Space 2 – announced today – is to have multiplayer.

The EA studio is looking for a “Senior Online Level Designer for the Dead Space franchise on Xbox 360 and PS3.”

Read the full thing here. Did you honestly expect anything less?

Via IndustryGamers and Blue.

1. Jadeskye

Continuing the stream of games that don’t need or even warrant multiplayer but are getting it anyway.

2. Phoenixblight

Then Dead Space dies for me. SOmething that is completely unneccessary just like Bioshock 2 Multiplayer. Just because its a 3rd or FPS does not mean it needs a multiplayer.

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Hey, I’ll take any added bonus they want to throw in for my $60. Just as long as it’s development doesn’t detract in any way from the single player experience.

4. Phoenixblight

Its going to GHetto they have to remove the resources of the SP to make up the room to make Multiplayer. If they made it a DLC and charged people to play multiplayer, I have no qualms with that.

5. Mike

I still reckon online should be an added extra, kind of like DLC, and if you don’t want it, you shouldn’t have to pay for it.

All my games would be cheaper, then.

6. Phoenixblight

No Some companies actually work for DLC look at Rockstar with GTA IV ofcourse you want it to be free but they put that actual work into it which those developers need to be paid for their work.

7. Anders

Didn’t people say the same thing about Uncharted 2, and still lauded the multiplayer when the game was released? Visceral Games know what they’re doing.

Hopefully.

8. Phoenixblight

You have proof ANders? Afterall Visceral has only made one game and that was a single player.

Uncharted 2? People were worried that a 6 hour game was going to be cut shorter because of Multiplayer? No Naughty Dog was either being inexperienced, lazy or Sony didn’t give them a big enough budget to make the game longer in the first.

9. Anders

Proof? No, I don’t have any proof. I’m just careful about judging a game that I hardly know anything about.

…Well, except that it is the sequel to my favourite game from last year, that is.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

If they’re smart, which I’m guessing they will be due to the huge success of the original, they won’t cut resources for the multi, but rather add. In fact, this articles job posting is a perfect example of this.

11. Blerk

Don’truinitdon’truinitdon’truinitdon’truinit!

12. Hunam

Maybe some sort of L4D style multiplayer? 4 player survival challenges or 8 player necro vs colonists thing going? Could potentially not be shit.

13. No_PUDding

Well something not middle of the road.

I’d prefer try somethign experimental that isn’t as fun, than somethign that is perfect fun, but the same old deathmatch.

14. Hunam

Boring deathmatch or something like that would just be shit and tacked on.

Maybe a horde style mode might be a little more welcome?

15. Gekidami

Coop along side the SP campaign or nothing.