Epic Mickey was originally for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

Wednesday, 28th October 2009 23:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

epicmickey

Epic Mickey was originally in development for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, Warren Spector told Official Nintendo Magazine.

“The reality is that we started Wii development in 2008, but before that we were a PC, PS3, and 360 title,” said Spector. “It’s burned in my brain – Graham Hopper [Disney Interactive boss] pulled me into my office one day and said ‘What does it take to deliver on the goals we have for this product? And I said, well, you need enough time and enough money to be competitive. And it’d be awfully nice if we could focus on one platform.

“At that time we were talking about a Wii port and I was begging people – no, we can’t just port to the Wii, it’s not going to work. It needs to be its own game. A lot of the design ideas just won’t work on the Wii, we need to give the Wii its dues. Graham looked at me and said ‘What do you think about a Wii exclusive?’ And I went ‘Holy cow – yeah!’

“They walked away from three other platforms – no other publisher on the planet would have done that. It was a magic moment for me. No-one has even mentioned other formats since that point.”

Interesting. Hit the link for the rest, and since you are slapping links around head on over to CVG for some more new screens – just in case you didn’t get enough with ours.

1. The Hindle

dam really wanted this on ps3 or 360, or well no longer intrested as id have to buy a Wii to play it

2. Psychotext

Stick the knife in why don’t you…

3. McLovin85

‘And I went ‘Holy cow, less work for me to do, – yeah!’

4. Soong

I have a Wii but I lost all interest with the last batch of screenshots. It looks NOTHING like the concept art and to make matters worse it looks bad even for a Wii game! Reminds me most of Rayman on the N64. Let’s hope the gameplay is able to compensate for the awful graphics.

5. Psychotext

I completely missed the screenshots…

6. Soong

concept art:

in-game:

Laughable, really.

7. deftangel

Given the concept art this doesn’t surprise me. Some of it did indeed look”epic” but only achievable close to that fidelity on the HD consoles.

8. No_PUDding

Whatever, my disgust has been aired.

All that matters is that it’s all irrelevant to me, and when the game looks like that, it really doesn’t bother me I am not going to play it.

9. Dannybuoy

Idiots. You can hardly call a game that, let’s be honest, looks like a gamecube offering, the best they could possibly make. It defies all logic. He said, and I quote “I wanted to make the best game possible”. Obviously graphics aren’t part of that. Shame. I guess kids will lap this up though. The same ones who want Mario and sonic at the friggin winter Olympic

10. Gekidami

I bet this bombs in sale and gets just over average reviews.

11. mojo

#6: true
    #10: more true

12. Blerk

How bizarre. “A lot of these design ideas won’t work on the Wii”, so they decide to throw all of those ideas away and start again from scratch? From the sounds of it the project had problems before they even got to the Wii-only decision, why else would they choose to ditch everything they’d already done and begin again?

13. mojo

beacause money said so. its the new simon