Forza 3 releases today – the first 14 minutes in video

Friday, 23rd October 2009 11:22 GMT By Patrick Garratt

forza32

Forza 3 releases today. You should buy it. If you want to see why, check the video after the break. It’s the game’s first 14 minutes, with us playing fairly badly: fortunately, not even our driving “skills” can detract from the quality.

So. Off you go.

1. Dannybuoy

Like the presentation. But its no GT is it..

2. ChrisPilote

You’re right, Danny : I just enjoy Forza more.
    Though I’ll probably get GT5 anyway.

3. DrDamn

GT5 is going to have to pull some really impressive stuff to beat Forza 3 I think. Yes GT is great for presentation but in just about all other areas Forza has the edge now. It’s all promises with GT, time to deliver.

4. ybfelix

I hate multiple loadings, why can’t you just load it in one go?

nice voice over

5. Mike

Nice. If only I had time.

6. supriki

guys I have to say. the scenarios mountains, sky, grass is all very Gears of War. all exclusive to Microsoft use the same engine? notice the resemblance is incredible. it like i already seen it before! not counting loadings and stupid advertisements as msn. not impressed at all total fail

7. pracer

Looks like trash to me. Same lame A.I. Narrow tracks, no sense of speed. Did you see how many times the player went off the track? Very long load times too. Color me not impressed.

8. Psychotext

lol

9. Luthion DeCosta

“Did you see how many times the player went off the track?”

Blame that on Pat’s shit driving, not the game. :D

10. pracer

I would say something about learning to drive on the “wrong” side of the road but feel helplessly out numbered :)

11. Blerk

Forza 3 looks like Gears of War? Really? :-D

12. Dralen

Yeah, after seeing so much amazing footage of GT5, this looks kinda dissapointing. I’m sure this will be a great game but GT5 just looks gorgeous.

13. sennasnit

Looks a bit cartoony to me.

14. pracer

I just went back and watched some GT footage. Much nicer to look at indeed. I am not blown away with either game to be honest. I almost never enjoy the way these type of “realistic” games control. I never understood what was realistic about holding a piece of plastic with 16 buttons while sitting on your couch. I have the xb360 wheel, I really want the logitech one for ps3(I love f1 champ ed – and I am american – go figure lol). Wheel def helpd the feel of these games. But most of the time players end up fighting complex physics engines and car handling. I would rather have an enjoyable racer that focuses 100% on the on track racing.
    I want 16-20 players on track, online of course, a way to earn in game cash with your track time, use said cash to buy upgrades(pit crew, tires, mechanical upgrades, new cars etc), make classes level up your cars in each class. But mostly what I want is bumper to bumper racing. I want to fight drivers for track position, not a hard to handle car. Take Grid for example everyone seems to like the Turing Cars the most … I figure because they are some of the easiest to handle. I have a professer friend that claimed GRID the lemans cars drove a simulated 950mph. No wonder I couldn’t drive well at end game in GRID, lest not without my eyes drying out from not blinking.
    Anyways off track here.
    I will try GT5, it looks nice. Forza 3 looks just like forza 2. I played forza 2(I own it got it in a bundle deal), and I don’t like it. This gen my fav racers are Race Pro(xb360), F1 champ ed(ps3), and (believe it or not Sega Rally(its just fun to drive, and the online racing is outstanding).
    I just need to get that Logitech wheel for ps3/pc. Expensive.

15. robmlufc

That C4 seems to be going round corners like its on rails, almost no body roll and tons of grip in a standard road car? dont think so! The load times are crazy, I thought they were long on GT PSP, at least that has an excuse. The menu looks like Colin McRae from about 5 years ago. The tracks look crap too.

16. Psychotext

Having played with the C4 in the game, I can tell you that it certainly doesn’t corner like it’s on rails. :D

17. robmlufc

Shame it looks that way then, roll on GT5 :)

18. Psychotext

It’s actually one of the things the game gets absolutely right. The physics are unsurpassed.

19. Luthion DeCosta

The video didn’t really attract me to the game, but I’m gonna give this a try at some point regardless.

20. Redh3lix

Would have prefered to see a cockpit view given it’s a hardcore simulation. Sort it out VG247!

21. SticKboy

Fuck this GT & F3 noise,… roll on Split/Second, that’s what I say!

22. mescalineeyes

word, fuck these sims, it’s all about stuff blowing up, even while we are playing racing games :D

23. Jadeskye

if GT5 has guns and multiple choice conversations/sex i’ll buy it.

24. The Hindle

Fuck em all , Bring on Modnation racers :0

25. maeem13

hey pracer, ever try forza 2 with the assits off? a lot of ppl cant seem to get what makes these racing sims so much fun. its about clipping milli seconds off your best times with asm, stm and tcs all off( yea most cars have em all on so it isnt about recreating the actual drive as much as it is about understanding the finer nuances of braking, accelerating etc etc). give it a try dude, trust me its very rewarding when you actually start pulling off perfect laps in your favourite dream car :D.

26. pracer

I own Forza2. I just don’t like it too much. It is the very type of game I mentioned above. The game isn’t about racing, lest not against other players. The focus is on just what you said – shaving milli seconds off of lap times. And in doing that, you need to master the physics and car handling. They call that “realistic”, but no one drives a real car w/piece of plastic(plastic wheel or other wise). I guess in the end it just isn’t my cup of tea. But to each thier own.

27. KingCharMing