Actor David Sullivan announces his audition for inFamous sequel

Tuesday, 13th October 2009 21:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

infamous4

Looks like the role of Cole in inFamous is possibly being recast for a sequel, according to a Twitter post by actor David Sullivan.

Here’s the tweet:

First voiceover/motion capture audition today for a video game. Re-casting of Cole in the sequel of Infamous. “I’ll melt your face.” e.g

Looks like he’s being considered for the role of Cole.

Sucker Punch has hinted at the possibility of a sequel in the future, but nothing concrete was announced or hinted at.

Hopefully outing work on a sequel won’t hurt Sullivan’s chances of getting the gig.

Via Joystiq.

1. Gekidami

So the sequel wont be useing the same voice actor? Thats abit lame.

2. Gavin_R

Can’t say I like inFamous very much. I got bored about halfway through. I just found the atmosphere so depressing.

3. Yoshi

Well isnt it ment to be depressin ? lol everythin is fallin to pieces around u anyways, i hope they dont re-cast the voice of Cole becos then it just wouldnt seem right.

4. Len

Agree would be slightly weird, there’s just no need surely…?

Great news that the sequel is coming though. I thoroughly enjoyed and was quite suprised by Infamous.

5. Yoshi

it was kinda obvious ther was guna be a sequel tho come on :P the endin they gave it was scream for it :D … like how i avoided spoilers? ;P

6. FadeLive

As long as I get to play around with bad ass power its all good. I’m fine with new voice actor as long as he’s good I can’t even remember the voice of Cole so i’m fine with it. ;P

7. Edward Cullen

I want to use Kessler as a character , he’s so badass.

8. Johnny Cullen

Lame.

One of the reasons inFamous was awesome was because of the personailty that the original voice actor for Cole gave to the role.

Hopefully inFamous 2 will be awesome, but I’d like the old Cole to be back please.

9. Progguitarist

I didnt think the other dude did a bad job either.

10. Edward Cullen

and hopefully Cole will learn other powers. like the “old cole”.

11. Gekidami

Hope we get a quick move power at one point, it was pretty annoying when you wanted to get to the otherside of the map and only had your legs to slowly move you there. Kessler seemed to be able to teleport around…

12. Gamoc

The tweet has been deleted from Twitter, presumably by force from Sucker Punch or Sony.

13. NiceFellow

Well, you could well be playing an older and/or potentially changes Cole, based on events in the game, so perhaps they want a different voice to reflect that.

14. mightyhokie

if he doesn’t get his roll back then i buy this game used to punish the developers. I absolutely loved Cole’s voice. My wife would laugh as I would taunt and threaten people impersonating him before I blew them up.

15. No_PUDding

Johnny, the guy was awful.

What bizarroworld are you on? Recastign and therefore good characterisation is something I am all for, apart from the lack of continuity.

But it should have been better from the start.

16. Gekidami

He wasnt awful but the gruff voice certainly didnt sound natural, unless theres some throat cancer sub-plot i didnt pick up on in the game…

17. No_PUDding

If you can go throguh the game beliving there’s a thrat cancer sub-plot, it might make it appear much better….

Oscar award-winning even.