Square publicly releases stunning TGS FFXIII trailer

Monday, 28th September 2009 05:48 GMT By Johnny Cullen

FFXIII Serah

Square Enix has publicly released a new trailer of Final Fantasy XIII, showcased at the Premiere Party in Tokyo a while back and at TGS this past weekend.

How do we describe the trailer? In one word: incredible.

A new character is revealed too in the form of an unnamed tattooed woman. What part she plays is currently unknown.

The whole trailer is now available to download from the Japanese PlayStation Store if you have an account, but you can catch it after the jump.

It’s out on December 17 for PlayStation 3 in Japan. For the US and Europe, spring 2010 is when you can expect it for PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. Monk

Very impressive, very very impressive.
    although it`s so fucking spoiler.

2. Razor

Importing to the max…

3. Blerk

Nice! That’s actually raised my interest levels in the game more than all the rest of the pre-release hype put together. Perhaps they can get it back on form after all?

Of course, I’ve thought that about the last three as well. :-)

4. Herlock

Snow kissing the teenage girl…OMG!

5. freedoms_stain

Some subs woulda been nice.

I swear I heard the girl at the start mention ‘o-nii chan’ which I believe is the Japanese for brother, then she starts kissing him, so I spose it was something else.

6. No_PUDding

Sazh runs like a prat. Japanese make awfully weird music.

And the intro was great and the sci fi dog fight was awesome too. But the rest was completely confusing and stupid.

7. Blerk

Sahz does run like a prat. But I liked the music.

8. Johnny Cullen

The end of it was probably a massive spoiler. So probably was the stand-off between Sazh and Vanille.

That said, any doubts I had about importing went away after this trailer. :D

9. freedoms_stain

Square always get everything looking great – except for character movement outside battle. It looks so unnatural and overly stiff yet bouncy.

10. Phoenixblight

Good thing I don’t understand Japanese or I would be pissed I just spiled myself =-P

Looks to be very Epic, can’t wait. The lip syncing is just amazing. I only hope they will do the same for English.