VG247 podcast #7 – Capcom’s Christian Svensson and Chris Kramer Vs Rocksteady’s Paul Crocker

Friday, 4th September 2009 10:22 GMT By Patrick Garratt

re5bat

Bit of a humdinger this week. We were lucky enough to get Capcom US’s senior business chap Christian Svensson and Unity ubermeister Chris Kramer on the phone for a brilliant chat about all the firm’s major products: tons of news in there, so definitely listen.

In addition, British development refused to be outdone, you’ll be glad to hear, with Arkham Asylum’s lead narrative guy Paul Crocker giving us ten minutes of everything bat. The interviews are back-to-back.

This one’s quite long, so for ease:

• 0-14.29 – Pat, Steph and Nathan on PS3 Slim, Take-Two’s Natal announcement, Blizzcon, Nathan sounding like a broken robot and Steph shouting about “slapping hookers”.
  • 14.30-28.21 – Capcom’s Christian Svensson and Chris Kramer.
  • 28.51-38.50 – Rocksteady’s Paul Crocker.

[podcast]http://assets.vg247.com/current//2009/09/podcastep7edit2_final.mp3[/podcast]

1. Johnny Cullen

XD @ Nathan

2. tezzer1985

Why are you not on itunes?, it would make my podcast listening very easy.

3. Patrick Garratt

You can sub to it in iTunes but you have to do it manually. Check this:

It’s not in the iTunes Store bit yet, though. I blame Mart. For everything.

4. No_PUDding

Mart is awesome, you dick Pat.

He worked so hard for my iTunes pleasure.

5. Patrick Garratt

:P

6. No_PUDding

Only just got to the robot part xD

Superb.

7. No_PUDding

Hahaha, the sniffing at the end is great.

8. No_PUDding

Did Steph say ‘Fuck’!?

9. Johnny Cullen

Thats not shocking, Pud.

You should have seen her at GamesCom during the Sony conference. Nathan can vouch for me too ;) :D

10. mart

Fuck you Pat.

11. mart

:D

12. Patrick Garratt

I fucking hate you. I’m going to kill myself in protest.

13. Blerk

Can we have your stuff when you’re gone?

14. SplatteredHouse

Good show, though a shame about Paul from Rocksteady not being able to give the most informative responses during the quickfire segment of that particular interview.

It was interesting that he singled out the Riddler puzzles, because I know a key part of why I find them as appealing to try to track down and solve.
    Yes, for the reason he suggested, but for me, it was how it was presented that really did it: By walking into a new room, or area, I’m simply presented with that extra element (I don’t need to open a menu, and check an additional list, although there’s a page keeping track of that), which tells me that I need to pay attention, look all around and solve that – but it’s like an extra free bit of gameplay, because I didn’t have to do anything aside from play the game, to bring this bonus element up, and it’s often rewarding and fun in various ways, if you do go on to solve it; and helps with recognition of the game’s map, because you remember that there’s still things to do, over there, and again, more exploration and involvement can come from that.

I think a lot of the game’s so well done and I’m having good fun playing it.

15. Stephany Nunneley

Poor Nathan and his robot talk. Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto! :-D

16. Patrick Garratt

The robot bit was awesome. We should make a feature of it.

17. No_PUDding

Please do….

I literally had tears, and then Steph made the podcast even better with dirty words… I can’t imagine Steph swearing.

It was like a magical place.

18. Hunam

Robot nath ftw!

19. No_PUDding

I really wanted to Toys R Us lyrics for that comment yesterday. But I don’t know them well enough.

“There’s a magical place,