VG247 podcast #6 – Cryptic boss on Champions Online, Ellie Gibson on GamesCom

Friday, 28th August 2009 08:21 GMT By Patrick Garratt

championsonlinelogo

Lots going on this week. The latest episode in our amazing podcast features Cryptic legend Jack Emmert on the imminent launch of anticipated MMO Champions Online, as well as EG.net dep ed Ellie Gibson talking to Steph and I about the mighty GamesCom.

There’s mention of sausages and sex with aliens in there, as well. What more do you want? Play it in your browser; download it: the choice is yours.

[podcast]http://assets.vg247.com/current//2009/08/podcastep6082709.mp3[/podcast]

1. Suikoden Fan

Is this really that anticipated? if anything i would have thought dc universe online was anticipated.

2. Patrick Garratt

Top of the Play pre-order PC chart:

Fourth in all-formats:

“Fans” went bonkers when those life-time subs ran out. MMOs, innit. Aion will be the same.

3. Suikoden Fan

So in your opinion what mmo coming out are you interested in most? ff14? champions? dc?

4. Patrick Garratt

Me personally? I’m very excited about CCP’s World of Darkness.

I never played City of Heroes, so I reckon I’ll try CO, and most probably DC. Aion looks amazing, but I’m not sure I’m going to be able to justify dropping 100+ hours on another fantasy MMO. Same with FFXIV, if I’m being honest, although I’m sure I’ll play both for a bit.

I’m interested in seeing Funcom’s Secret World, too. But World of Darkness id the one I’m really watching.

You? Do you play them?

5. Patrick Garratt

Oh, and The Old Republic. I can’t believe that. I definitely will play it. I reckon it looks brilliant.

6. Suikoden Fan

I played Warcraft and WAR, and if its allowed guild wars, i played guild wars the most though. If anything i’m interested in dc and old republic the most but CO caught my attention due to lifetime sub, i wish WAR did that.

7. Patrick Garratt

I tried WAR and honestly couldn’t get on with it. Played it for a few weeks, and just got bored of the endless fighting. I was coming straight out of WoW, so I was used to more exploration.

Guild Wars was great, I thought. Haven’t played it for a long time, though.

8. Rock_Me_Amadeus

Pat: “Hahaha, innit”
    Ellie: “Me, me, me”
    Steph: “That’s nice!”

Great stuff, once again.

9. Patrick Garratt

:D

10. Suikoden Fan

Pat could you find out if a lifetime sub owner would the sub apply to both pc and console version of the game if they had both or only the one?

11. Patrick Garratt

I can ask the question, yep.

12. No_PUDding

Ellie is such a cynical cow, get ‘er off!

:P

13. No_PUDding

I am weeing everywhere over “Caggggeee David!”

14. No_PUDding

I am so over that Cage David joke now.

15. No_PUDding

That’s not even his real name. What a fucking weirdo, renaming himself.

16. Johnny Cullen

“‘ello Patrick get arf ma land!”
    :D