Bethesda has announced that the Mothership Zeta DLC for Fallout 3 will land on August 3.
In it, your character finds a crashed alien ship over in the Capitol Wastelands and because of your morbid curiosity, the orbiting mothership decides to beam you up. To escape, you must find command central and blast the aliens and robot drones trying to stop you.
New weapons include the Alien Atomizer, Alien Disintegrator and the Drone Cannon and new outfits will be available as well.
The add-on will cost 800 MS points or $9.99 for XBL and Windows.
Check out the new screens for it over on the Bethesda Blog.
More details are also through the jump.
Defy hostile alien abductors and fight your way off of the massive Mothership Zeta, orbiting Earth miles above the Capital Wasteland. Mothership Zeta takes Fallout 3 in an entirely new direction – outer space. Meet new characters and join with them in a desperate bid to escape the Aliens’ clutches. To do so, you’ll wield powerful new weapons, like the Alien Atomizer, Alien Disintegrator, and Drone Cannon, and deck yourself out in brand new outfits, like the Gemini-Era Spacesuit and even Samurai Armor.
A strange Alien signal is being broadcast throughout the Capital Wasteland, originating from a crashed UFO. Is it a distress call, or something far more sinister? That question is answered when you find yourself beamed aboard an enormous Alien spacecraft, with only one alternative – to fight your way to the bridge of the ship and secure your escape.
- Find and exploit new and destructive alien technology, like the Alien Atomizer and Drone Cannon.
- Explore the vast Mothership and learn the secrets of the Aliens’ master plan.
- Thwart the Aliens’ attempt to stop your escape, and take over the Alien ship before it wreaks havoc on the unsuspecting Earth below.
- Fight against the Alien Invaders, their robot drones, and turn their own horrible experiments against them.
- Ally yourself with an unexpected array of characters, both from the Capital Wasteland and from Earth ’s past.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.