Want Serious Sam HD on PS3? Tell Croteam

Tuesday, 30th June 2009 07:43 GMT By Patrick Garratt

croteamlogo

Croteam CEO Roman Ribaric has said that the firm may release Serious Sam on PS3 if enough people tell him it’s a good idea.

“We [have considered] doing PSN after we finish PC and XBLA,” he told G4.

“However, we keep hearing over and over from publishers, investors, marketing and other suits that players from one console, in this case PSN, wouldn’t want to get it later, let’s say eight months and seven days after, if it’s released sooner on the other console, here that would be XBLA. I would normally say that’s a lot of bull, but I will refrain here from my comment. What do your readers think?”

Ribaric said that the game is only planned for 360 and PC at the moment as Croteam couln’t find additional funding or a team willing to try the port in a short time-frame.

It’s out this autumn.

1. clynchehaun

If it’s good then I’d buy it anytime. Loved the original on PC, sure it came out 8 years ago, so what’s 8 more months for the re-release…

2. Withnail

I’ll pass thanks.

3. Suikoden Fan

whars so good about serious sam?

4. Hakkiz

Suikoden Fan: It doesn’t take itself too seriously.

5. DrDamn

@Suikoden Fan
    Much more Doom than Doom 3 ever was – in spirit at least. It’s just a lot of fun.

6. Robo_1

I’d love to see this come to PSN, where do I nag him?

7. Blerk

I think you have to go round to his house and throw eggs at his windows.

8. Robo_1

Nah, tried that and it obviously didn’t work. Bricks??? :)

9. Goliath

Why does it have to be later?! When they were considering a reimagining of the game why didn’t they consider the PlayStation network as a viable platform and work towards a multiplatform release? This is bullshit! Plain and simple.