Wed, Jun 03, 2009 | 21:04 BST
Nintendo was at work on another handheld, scrapped it
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has said that the company previously designed a new handheld, but scrapped it, according to an interview with CNBC.
During the chat, Iwata stated that this occurred within the past three years, and it’s not the first time the company has designed something and ditched it.
“In the history of Nintendo, there are several such examples,” he said. “But when we are launching new hardware, the most important is thing is to sustain the momentum. If introducing new hardware won’t do anything to do that, well…”
Probably won’t be the last time either. Not too shocking really, all things considered.
Still, it would be nice to know what it was and what it was all about.
More through the link.