Creat Studios has announced a Digger remake and a new RTS title called Mushroom Wars for PSN.
Digger, a remake of the classic PC game from the early 80s, has has a facelift, but promises to remain true to the original.
Mushroom Wars is a RTS with arcade skirmish gameplay featuring opposing tribes of mushroom armies.
Both are expected for release this summer.
More details through the break.
Mushroom Wars is an all-ages, fast-paced, real time strategy (RTS) game that brings arcade skirmish gameplay to the forefront. With a quaint visual style featuring opposing tribes of mushroom armies, your battles take place in close-quarters maps using simple, straight-forward controls. Play short campaigns with Domination objectives where your goal is to take control of key strategic points, or play Conquest battles where the only way to win is to completely annihilate your opponent. Upgrade your bases to support larger armies, improve weaponry or act as defensive installations. Move your armies into position and hopefully win the day.
* Test your strategic tactics. There are 18 levels you can play in Skirmish mode. As you progress through the levels, the number of AI opponents increases. Do you think you can overcome three AI mushroom armies? Don’t worry, there are four difficulty settings.
* Need a change of scenery? With 25 levels in Campaign mode, you can battle in the meadow, forest and foothills of mushroom land.
* Specialized rating system. The Elo Rating System is used to calculate your relative skill level in comparison to that of your opponent.
* Additional features. Includes custom music support, VoIP, and players can upload their gameplay to YouTube.
Digger, a remake of the classic PC game from the early 80s, has received a major facelift for the new millennium, while staying true to its classic gameplay. Players control a little construction vehicle that must make its way through an underground maze. Gamers dig through the dirt horizontally and vertically to create their own path while collecting power-ups, jewels, coins and other bonuses while avoiding the pursuing monsters.
* Dynamic action. Make your way through 60 levels of underground mazes where there is something behind every corner, be it a monster, a bonus or a bag of falling gold.
* Test your skills. There are 240 special challenges and the non-stop gameplay of Survival mode.
* Move up in the world. Advance your way through the game and become either an Archeologist or an Exterminator.
* Secret trophies. Collect all the trophies and figure out how to achieve the secret ones. Are you up for the challenge?
* Old school style. Vintage Mode allows you to play Digger in its old school glory: original mechanics and levels – even the original graphics and sounds!
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.