Tripwire’s Killing Floor now available on Steam

Friday, 15th May 2009 15:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

killingfloor

Horror shooter Killing Floor is now available on Steam.

Tripwire’s latest features multiplayer co-op for up to six players, over 40 Steam Achievements, perks to level up your character, a level editor and single-player mode for offline play.

The game will run you $19.99. Hit the link for all the gory details.

1. RoyBrown

WTF?

1. This game does not come with a level editor at all.

Not in the folders not even accessible via the game menu so where the fuck did that come from?

By level editor you may mean the custom server function?

EG. How many bots per horde?

2. The game is broken and needs an immediate patch or it will die quickly.

Dead set, half the servers I manage to join have a title like this.

YES A SERVER THAT WORKS! PLZ JOIN!

The game is great, but unfortunately, I can’t join friends, they cant join me or each other, the server browser only finds 80 servers, instead of the 1000 available.

It’s broken.

It needs a patch now.

2. Stephany Nunneley

Roy if you look at the side bar on the main page of the game, it shows what modes, stats etc are included. Level editor is listed.

3. freedoms_stain

Looks interesting, might get it after I get bored of L4D.

4. RoyBrown

OK Stephany… let’s have a look.

Main page.

MULTIPLAYER
    HOST GAME
    SOLO

PROFILE AND ACHIEVEMENTS

SETTINGS
    EXIT

???

Sorry, your wrong again.

Maybe you got the super special edition, that no one else got.

EDIT:

Oh wait.. I get it.

You don’t own the game.

I do.. your looking at the website, not the game.
    Your not even looking at the folders.

Funny that.

I must be right.

Again.

That SDK.

Isn’t there.

You can update it no doubt, with unreal 2.5

The engine in which the game runs on, but that does not come with the game.

AT ALL

5. Aimless

You’re a very angry young man, aren’t you?

She may have unwittingly passed on misinformation but it wasn’t exactly unreasonable to assume that the Steam product page was accurate. If it isn’t then that’s Valve’s mistake.

6. Stephany Nunneley

I never said you were wrong or a liar Roy, so calm down.

Just to look at the link in the article , which takes you to the main page, and shows “level editor” as being a feature.

If it is the wrong description, take the crusade up with Valve.

7. ShiroGamer

i know this is not a good time to say it ,Steph
    but its 15$

am not angry :)

8. Syrok

$17.99 for me. Plus a whole lot of strange text, but that may be normal to steam.

9. Stephany Nunneley

When I click on the page it shows $19.99 for me. Even when I type the title into the site’s search engine.

*Waves white flag, exits*

10. Syrok

I do see the editor bit, however.
    “Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods”

11. SwiftRanger

Reality check guys, every game that launches through Steam has had its issues on day one. You should have seen the release (or the release of patches) of Empire or DoW II, it’s like the Steam servers all blew up at the same time.

12. Whizzo

Unlike RoyBrown I have a brain inside my head and knew that Unreal engined games have their editors as a separate executable not as part of the game itself.

I suggest looking in YourDriveLetter\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\System for KFEd.exe

Oh and if that’s too complex a thing to do I don’t rate your chances at doing anything with this version of UnrealEd.

13. ShiroGamer

Might be becuase I live in Egypt,lol
    supporting the poor :D

14. v4zcent

wow @roybrown. I know I’m 12 days late but I just saw this link off of google. The editor was released the day after release on Steam. You have to go to the tools section and it should be listed there. Then you download it. The level editor/SDK is not internal in the game, it is Unreal Editor 3 (the game is powered by 2.5 though).