Rumour: The Lost and Damned cuts blood pools and more from GTA IV

Thursday, 19th February 2009 13:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gtaivtlad2

A string of forum reports are claiming the adding The Lost and Damned to your copy of GTA IV in Europe means edits are made to the original game.

Blood pools underneath bodies have apparently magically disappeared in Europe, and camera angles have been cut from prostitute “experiences”.

American copies are apparently unaffected.

There’s a video after the break detailing some of it. Asking Rockstar now. Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Blerk

I’ve heard rumours that this has been confirmed as an error and that it ‘will be fixed’.

See? Now we can all be Australians! Bonzer, mate!

2. Patrick Garratt

Just mailed Rockstar.

3. Whizzo

I noticed the hooker thing last night, it was in the name of science I tell you! Some of the things Niko would say were rather funny so I wondered what Johnny would have to say for himself.

4. ChrisPilote

Noooo! That can’t be true…We exchanged blood and prostitutes for a dong?!
    Worst trade ever

5. Whizzo

It’s a real cock up and no mistake!

6. Ghost_Dog

My PS3 version is fine;)

7. Blerk

I read that as ‘Just nailed Rockstar”. :-D

8. Whizzo

“My PS3 version is missing TLAD” would be more correct.

9. Yoshi

lol Whizzo and what does that equal ? that the ps3 version has blood and the perfect view for the ‘experiances’ with prostitute that niko has lol

10. Whizzo

Well if you remove the update for TLAD, the 360 GTA IV is back as it should be, so once Rockstar sort out the mistake everything will be as it should be.

The PS3 version will still be bereft of TLAD though so it’s not exactly something to be jumping for joy about is it?

11. Michael O'Connor

To be completely honest, I’m enjoying the game itself far too much to care about obsessive, fanboyish whining about completely minor and utterly superficial aspects of the game.

People will complain about anything on the internet these days.