Eternal Sonata PS3 gets firm Febraury date

Tuesday, 13th January 2009 14:53 GMT By Mike

eternal-sonata1b.jpg

Atari has announced that Eternal Sonata PS3 will be available on February 13.

The tri-Crescendo developed RPG has been a long time coming, but Atari promised a February 09 release date last year and hasn’t let us down.

Eternal Sonata was released on Xbox 360 in October 2007.

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

Tales of Vesperia? Anyone? Hello? Bueller?

2. TristanMike

Wow… a 2 year old port… I didn’t realize us PS3 owners were that lucky. A game this old will never find a home on my shelf.

3. Mike

If you haven’t played it, you should. It’s great, I reckon.

4. Alakratt

Umm, yeah, but the article left out that unlike the 360 version, the PS3 version has new quests, battles and multiple endings. Here’s the source link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/eternal-sonata-ps3-gets-firm-date

Strange that you missed this piece of info, but of course, videogaming247 hates it when the PS3 gets exclusive stuff, but don’t worry guys I made sure everyone who reads this knows about it!

Cheers!

5. SticKboy

WTF is with all these platform fucking fanboys infesting this site? Why don’t you piss off over to PS3fanboy if it troubles you so much? (Same goes for any X360-humpers, too…)

How a bloody console can give anyone such a chip on their shoulder is beyond me, quite frankly.

6. Psychotext

Funny thing is that the PS3 version has more cutscenes too… something the game REALLY doesn’t need.

I’d be docking a point for that immediately if I was reviewing it.

7. Alakratt

@ SticKboy

What do you have a problem with me mentioning some info the article left out? BTW, IMPORTANT info, since I don’t want people who read this to be left with the impression that the game is over a year old and it’s coming to the PS3 with nothing new, don’t you think it’s kinda of unfair?

@ Psychotext

Of course you would. But you know that if that extra stuff the PS3 version is getting ended up on the 360 you wouldn’t be docking any points in your review. You really reflect todays biased gaming media, looking for ANYTHING to take points away from the PS3 versions. But people here think I’m the fanboy when there’s a legion of xbots like Psychotext that don’t hide their preferences!

That’s why people shouldn’t trust ANY reviews, I suggest watching gameplay videos from the game and then deciding whether or not to buy it. For example, Fallout 3, the reviews said that the PS3 version had more bugs than any of the others, but in reality is that if you go into their official forums and go both the 360 and PS3 sections, you’d know that the 360 version is the one with more bugs. But the media says otherwise. There are bugs exclusive to each platform, but overall, the 360 has more, don’t believe me? Read, here’s a link: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showforum=35

8. Mike

It’s a press release. EG isn’t the “source”.

9. Alakratt

@ Mike

That may be, but still, what I said about the exclusive stuff is true, so you got no excuse not to include it.

10. Mike

The story is about the date and a tiny bit of filler.

There was no deliberate attempt to mislead anyone as to what the PS3 version contained.

I know you don’t believe it, but it’s true.

We try and keep things as fair and as balanced as possible and we’re sorry you don’t see it that way.

User feedback is important to us and we’ll take what you say on board.

11. Alakratt

Oh, but don’t worry, even if it wasn’t a deliberate attempt to mislead anyone, I helped you out and told everyone the rest. And I’m sure there are others like me on this site that love for information to be fair and not incomplete. The article was a press release, fine, I got that, but it didn’t hurt to include that tiny bit.

12. Psychotext

Good god you’re demented Alakratt.

Yes, I’m part of the xbot legions… wooooooo, boogeymen!

13. SticKboy

@ Alakratt: I don’t care one jot about you posting extra info to the comments field – it’s interesting, useful and relevant and therefore entirely welcomed.

What I can’t fucking *stand* is the constant accusations that this site is biased towards the X360/PS3/Dreamcast/WonderSwan etc. I don’t go on N4G any more for precisely this reason, so please – if your gonna act like a sodding crybaby, take it elsewhere.

14. Aretak

I think it’s nice that we have some resident trolls now. It shows that the site is important enough for them to get worked up about. :)

15. theevilaires

this just in mgs4 coming to xbox360 in march 2018….
    the game was launched earlier on the ps3 ten years ago on 1 bluray disc :P

16. theevilaires

Aretak said: I think it’s nice that we have some ps3 gamers now. It shows that the site needs to stop kissing ms ass all the time to get worked up about. :)

17. theevilaires

Psychotext said: Good god you’re demented Alakratt.

Yes, I’m part of the xbot legions… wooooooo, boogeymen!

Alakratt he meant the ymca legions where all the villiage people hang out at. aka xbox live

18. Psychotext

He might have had an argument there.

19. theevilaires

and look whos talking his name has psycho in it. whos demented here?…. oh hi psycho______ (insert any thing insulting on line :P )

20. No_PUDding

ZOMG FECK YOU VG247 FOR CONSPRICIZIING THAT THE PS3 VERSION DONT HAVE MORE OF THE GAME THAN THE 360 VERSHUN.

Now for a more personal attack:

NUN UF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPEND IF PAT WAS HERE, MORRISS IS A FANBY!!! >:( >:(

Anyway, polished turd is all that needs to be said.

21. Psychotext

22. Syrok

Hmm, negative intelligence. Interesting.

/writes Master thesis

23. theevilaires

Psychotext said:I swear that I lose a little more IQ every time I read a TEA post. The problem is that I wasn’t that bright to start with so I’m likely into negative figures by now.

so why are you complaing. shut up,play video games all day,post fanboy quotes (bluray’s not needed) and collect your check from the goverment every month.

24. Psychotext

Could you put a little effort in? I appreciate that forming thoughts and sentences is difficult for you, but this is playground stuff that you’re coming up with. Try harder.

25. theevilaires

don’t have to with someone with an iq as low as yours why

26. Syrok

Well, then think about the rest of the world reading this.

27. theevilaires

oh yea i forgot you syrok the nomak where will you be this week you bum and fuck the world

28. GordonR

All those theevilaires posts again, in full:

“Yeah, but X-Box 360 suxx. And you’re gay.”

29. theevilaires

i never said anyone was gay did i? but come to think of it gordon does sound kinda like a gay name. I’m just saying if i had a son i would never think to name him gordon. no disrespect meant to you.

30. theevilaires

oh i mentioned the ymca/psy thing… that doesn’t count everyone knows hes gay :P speaking of gay wheres morris been lately?….what was that?…oh hes stickboy, ok :P

31. Retroid

Fucking hell, what a trainwreck this comments thread is!

Will the fanboys (of either main format) please STFU?

Christ.

32. haowan

good times :D

33. Gamoc

Agreed with Retroid.

I live in the UK and got this a month or two ago (I write for a PS3 site owned by an American, he sent it to me to review). I like it quite a bit.