Rumour: Max Payne 3 in dev at Rockstar Toronto

Tuesday, 30th September 2008 20:25 GMT By Patrick Garratt

maxpayne7.jpg

Xbox World 360 is rumouring that Max Payne 3 is currently in development at Rockstar Toronto.

EGM’s already published something similar, so this appears to be sticking. Unless, you know, Xbox World 360′s been reading EGM.

More on CVG.

1. reask

The first one was the best imo.

2 was just so so.

2. Big Stu

In the meantime, there’s Stranglehold.

Max3 will have it’s work cut out for it. Stranglehold pretty much ripped off the core gameplay to the inch.

3. reask

I thought stranglehold was more gimmicky than Max Payne.

But yes you’re right it did use a lot of the core game play.

4. No_PUDding

This game wouldn’t work again.

Like all of Rockstars games they need to start a fresh this generation.

Get to work on that PS3 exclsuive xD

5. David

@No_PUDing:

Wont happen considering the economic crisis we are in exclusives are not a good business move.

6. cachucha

I want to believe

7. No_PUDding

David, I think that economic crisis doesn’t seem to be affecting the gamign industry.

Take Two’s situation is less dire now. Infact EA’s withdrawl hurt them more than Take Two.

Still, I don’t doubt it’s eventual existence, and I’d advise you not to either.

8. gomersoul

hope this is true. absolutely loved the first two games on ps2. predictably this will be coincided with the movie i guess, which didn’t look bad at all so high hopes. stranglehold was a top game but the gimmicks were shifty. then again max payne is a walking cliche. wife and kid murdered so he’s on a mission to murder them back!! i do think rockstar will have to make a big effort with this to establish themselves as the boss

9. Esha

So it’s the carcass of Max Payne they’re dragging out of the closet this time, eh?

Considering that the first game was a brilliant experience that outshone its sequel, which was merely a palatable experience, this’ll likely end up just being a bit of a rehash for those who’ll buy anything with [R*] stamped on it.

But I sincerely hope they prove me wrong. I really, really do.

10. Plainview

Huge fan of the series, not sure how the’re going to move it forwards in terms of gameplay but I’ll buy it.

Please don’t use marky marks face thanks.