New Xbox Experience Avatars video

Friday, 19th September 2008 19:49 GMT By Mike

After the break. The following movie is the latest installement of Major Nelson’s dev diary and takes a closer look at Avatars.

Learn how to customise them and all that stuff when the Autumn Dashboard Update eventually goes live sometime in the erm, autumn.

Worth watching, we thought.

By Mike Bowden

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&#038;playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:af0e0dcd-5cff-43a2-bd32-4841fe6a89d1&#038;showPlaylist=true&#038;from=msnvideo" target="_new" title="Avatars in the new Xbox experience">Video: Avatars in the new Xbox experience</a>

1. David

Looks pretty good I’m not really a fan of the whole mii thing though so probably wont use it.

2. No_PUDding

Same with me and Home.

And This looks very Rare-like

I am excited about the 2D basis of Home and I’d be excited abotu the 2D element of this, in the new style. Blades were always pretty busy to be honest. This looks nice and simple.

3. reask

I have to admit it looks good.

But what is the point of them.

Is it just a sim type thing that you play with or is there more?

Just in case anyone thinks I am knocking it I actually have the 360.

It just looks more like a kids thing than anything else.

Which is fair enough I suppose.

4. Psychotext

It’s part of the new 360 primetime channel thing… and supposedly certain games will use them.

5. reask

Psychotext said:
    It’s part of the new 360 prime time channel thing…

Now that sounds interesting what is that?

And more importantly will it be available in Ireland and UK.

6. Psychotext

This:

7. reask

Thanks psychotext.

So that includes northern Ireland I live in the ROI does that mean I wont get it.

Hope you say I will get it.

8. Psychotext

Not a bloody clue. If it’s anything like ROI in general I wouldn’t hold your breath.

9. reask

Latest is where not getting it but thanks anyway

10. Blerk

They’re quite nicely animated, but… hmm. And those plinky-plonky sound effects… no. Just… no.