Namco Bandai: Eternal Sonata PS3 “Japan only”

Monday, 2nd June 2008 20:05 GMT By Patrick Garratt

eternalsonataa.jpg

Namco Bandai US has told videogaming247 that as far as it’s aware, the PS3 version of tri-Crescendo’s JRPG Eternal Sonata won’t make it out of Japan.

“I can’t speak for any other territories, but I believe Eternal Sonata is only announced for the PS3 in Japan right now,” said the spokesperson.

“We have no plans to release the game on the PS3 in the US at this moment.”

We reported earlier that there was “no news” as far as this title is concerned. Well, now there is some.

By Mike Bowden

1. Aretak

Shame. I own the 360 version, but I enjoyed it so much I’d buy it again for the extra content.

2. ecu

“only announced for the PS3 in Japan right now” simply says to me that they haven’t got around to confirming a release outside yet, not that it won’t even happen.

3. Blerk

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see, but Namco do have previous form – the PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia never made it out of Japan, for example.

4. morriss

I’ve been sent insulting emails about these ES stories. Seriously. It’s upsetting people.

5. morriss

@ecu: I very much doubt we’ll see it in ’08. Namco Bandai’s release schedule for ’08 is already published, I believe.

6. Blerk

We demand that you publish some insulting emails. For our entertainment, like. And change the names to something comedy.

7. morriss

hey dude dont be going posting false infomation about es i want more proof all the proof you had are stupid pointless links and people are falling for it..you little xbox fanboy just you watch we will get eternal sonata and the tales game you keep on posting pointless crap.. yea make people go on namcos usa site and make people click on the logo for clue about es for the ps3.. dude i can see right through you..give up after a japan release it wll come to usa..fanboy..

8. Blerk

glol! :-D

9. Spiral

The problem I have with the internet these days is deciding whether such people really are that stupid or just attention seeking prats. It’s not really a win either way though.

10. patlike

Are there more? Post them, definitely. Mentalists.

11. Blerk

I think people really are that stupid, Spiral. I blame advances in medicine and technology for disrupting natural selection.

12. morriss

as for Eternal Sonata
    i send them an e-mail to critzies there decisions and that i hope that they bring Eternal sonata to PS3
    And belive me here in Germany are many PS3 owners, that want this game, only for PS3.
    In Germany the 360 is not so popular and many are against it and dont support M$ like you lol

13. morriss

A comment on the story: 1 -
    DUDE… Is this info real?.

I already see fanboys saying it wasn’t good anyways when they’ve been running around boasting how MSFT lost an exclusive. lol

Its probably inferior but the Japanses will get more charactors plus its a JRPG so they won’t care.

——–

That’s all I’ve got! :)

14. Blerk

Now that I’ve finished trawling through Google Reader, I see this story’s made it all over the internets. No wonder you’re attracting lunatics!

15. Spiral

I am going to use critzies from now on. Brilliant word.

16. morriss

Blerk: What sites have picked up on it?

17. patlike

I’ve seen it at least three or four times this morning. I think Joystiq and Gaming Today had it.

18. morriss

I asked Blerk! :p

19. Blerk

Sorry, I was having a bacon sandwich. I saw it on Joystiq (and PS3 Fanboy) and Kotaku, and probably a couple of others.