Rumour: Ninja Gaiden 2 runs at 585p?

Sunday, 1st June 2008 16:18 GMT By Patrick Garratt

The people over at the beyond3d forums are reporting that Ninja Gaiden 2 only runs at 585p.

However, so far they have only tested screengrabs from the recent demo.

“It seems 1120 for horizontal but need confirmation. There are no good screenshots for horizontal check,” says the post.

“For vertical 585 it’s relatively sure and reliable. 1120×585 would be another type of anamorphic resolution, opposed to the other classic anamorphic 1024×600 use in some X360 (COD4, PGR3, Oblivion, TR…) but there are little more pixels in 1120×585 than in 1024×600 and 1120×585 is the better use of the EDRAM space that i have seen. It’s 9.998MiB, just a 2KiB residue unused. Maybe it explains this choice.”

So now you know.

By Mike Bowden

1. morriss

Same people who did Halo 3 and GTA IV, I think.

2. Psychotext

Another game in a huge line of games that this is true of this gen. I wonder if MGS4 will join MGO in this exclusive list. =)

3. ecu

Christ, what a shit game. I’m never buying it now.

4. morriss

I’m getting it tomorrow but now I’m going to scratch the disk with my compass just to stick it to the sub-HD man!

5. trav

Won’t someone please think of the children.

6. OrphanageExplosion

You can take the Rumour bit off now, it’s definitely sub-HD, but like Call of Duty 4, it allows for faster frame rate and some nice effects so we can let it off :)

7. goon

OMG it’s not HD. Lame.

Looks like the wii and it’s 480p isn’t actually to far off in the HD stakes…….

8. morriss

Orphanage: Has it been confirmed then?

9. mortiferus

@goon, please. Wii can’t even match 75% of the overall shader power of the original xbox.

This is a cross platform technique to get more engine performance. I’m not of fan of it but you gotta do what ya gotta do to ship a great looking game.

10. morriss

It’s been ‘confirmed’:

11. Daniel Plainview

this is just getting crazy, isn’t this all kind of pointless everyone hails COD4 for it graphics and it’s Sub HD. It’s all bullshit if you ask me.

12. Blerk

Hazelol… oh, wait.

13. Truk

I’d rather have half the resolution and double the features.

14. goon

…..the obvious sarcasm wasn’t obvious then :P

Case in point, We have all watched TV for years at a very poor resolution but it looks good and obviously real. HD is all well and good but at times it makes the game suffer, specially consoles with there relatively no hardware spec to deal with high res games.

15. mortiferus

@ Goon. My Apologies. It went over my head, see what lack of sleep does… :)