IGN's reporting that Warner's confirmed it will appeal the recent ban of Mortal Kombat in Australia.
The fighter was banned last week in the country for the fact that "computer games that are unsuitable for a minor to see and play will be Refused Classification."
It's thought the game's fatalities are to blame for the ban. But Warner says it's now going to appeal.
"After careful consideration Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Australia have decided to appeal to the Australian Classification Review Board against the RC (Refused Classification) decision given to Mortal Kombat," it said in a statement.
"After reviewing both the game play and the Board's original decision WBIE Australia believe the violence in the game is on par with numerous other titles readily available for sale in the Australian market.
"As such the company wants to exhaust all options to make the game available to Mortal Kombat fans in this country. An identical version of the game will be submitted for appeal."
Mortal Kombat is set to release on April 19 in the US and April 21 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.