The winners of 2011's Into the Pixel have been announced and 17 works of videogame art have been selected.
In this, the eighth year of the ITP, the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences and the Entertainment Software Association will present and display the winners at E3 in the Concourse Foyer.
“Now that public institutions have accepted video games as a legitimate form of art, there is no question that video game art has and will continue to have a place in the contemporary art scene,” said Martin Rae, president, AIAS. “The AIAS is pleased to partner with the ESA in this celebration, and is looking forward to continue pushing the recognition of our artist members’ efforts.”
“Into the Pixel is the industry’s premier showcase for the art of computer and video games and celebration of the artists whose talent creates these stunning images,” said Michael D. Gallagher, president and CEO of the Entertainment Software Association. "ESA is proud to partner with AIAS to facilitate this valuable intersection between the traditional and digital art worlds.”
Here is your list of winners:
- Amorphous Drake by Lucas Graciano - Legends of Norrath - SOE
- The Bridge by Erik Zaring & Anders Gustafsson - The Dream Machine - Cockroach Inc.
- The Cottage by Hamzah Kasom Osman - Drawn 3 - Big Fish Games
- Cronos Battle by Tyler Breon - God of War III - SCEA/Santa Monica
- Dead Walking by Chris Moffitt, Brad Crow, Nathan Stefan, Bart Tiongson - Orcs Must Die! - Robot Entertainment
- The Dragon Play by Brian Thompson and Hamzah Kasom Osman - Drawn: Dark Flight - Big Fish Games
- Flemmeth by Matt Rhodes - Dragon Age 2 - BioWare
- Good Friends by Matthew Halpin, Andrew Matthews, Matthew Preece, Radek Walachnia, John Laws - Kinectimals - Frontier Developments Ltd
- Grim Exploits by Colin Foran, Claire Hummel, Ryan Wilkerson - Trenched - Microsoft Game Studio/Doublefine
- Incident at the Workshop by Ivan Simoncini - Alien Swarm - Valve Software
- Market Fire, Columbia (Shop Sweeper) by Ben Lo - BioShock Infinite - Irrational Games
- Normandy by Mikko Kinnunen - Mass Effect 2 - BioWare
- Oktonok Cay Cannery by David Guertin - Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - Insomniac Games
- Paper World by Say Oh and Damian Kim - Paper World - Namco Bandai Games
- The Pelican Inn (Pub) by Andrew Kim - UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception - Naughty Dog
- Stahl Arms by Jesse van Dijk - Killzone 3 - Guerrilla
- Swamp Skull by Jeff Haynie - Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull - Big Fish Games
You can have a look at all piece of art over on the official Into the Pixel site.