Additional NPD information regarding software sales units has appeared, courtesy of industry analysts and Gamasutra.
Research notes from firms Wedbush Morgan and Piper Jaffray confirmed the following figures in bold:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (multiplatform) - 750,000
- Just Dance (Wii)
- Dead Space 2 (multi) – 441,000
- LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3) – 353,000 (per GAF)
- Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (multi) - over 300,000
- NBA 2K11 (multi)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (PS3/360)
- Dance Central (360)
- Michael Jackson: The Experience (multi)
- DC Universe Online (PS3/PC) – 195,000 (per GAF)
Black Ops, according to the notes, beat out last year's best-seller for the month of January, Super Mario Bors. Wii, by 100,000 units.
According to Piper Jaffray, THQ's uDraw Studio bundle sold 26,000 units in January, out of the 1.2 million units shipped to retailers in November and December.
Wedbush Morgan noted in its report that 22 games in January sold over 100,000 new retail units for the month.
Overall, hardware was down 8 percent for the month, and software 5 percent. Accessories, which include Move and Kinect, were up 6 percent.
It was revealed yesterday Wii moved 319,000 units in Janaury, while PS3 moved 267,000, representing a 31 percent and 3 percent decline, respectively.