Elite Dangerous’ free update, Beyond: Chapter Two, is live on PC and consoles.
The latest free update for Elite Dangerous has landed and you’ll find new ships, new weapons, and new missions waiting for you in the chilly depths of space.
The update hasn’t rolled out anything game-changing and is smaller than Beyond: Chapter One, but there’s enough there to keep you occupied until Frontier Developments rolls out the bigger changes it has planned for the latter half of the year.
The changelog was posted this week in anticipation of the server downtime, and includes a list of fixes and improvements as well, but you can check out the meat of the update below:
Missions and Scenarios
- Added new wing mining missions
- Added new high threat USS’s, and missions that can direct players to them
Megaship and Installation Interactions
- Added existing megaship interactions to installations
- Added Escape Hatch interaction points to damaged megaships
Crime and Punishment
- Players can now hand themselves in to security contacts, if they have outstanding bounties, and a zero notoriety rating. Players that hand themselves in will pay off the bounty and be deported to the nearest detention center
- Relaxed the friendly fire thresholds against NPC ships, to lower the amount of erroneous crimes being handed out
- Notoriety now decays whilst the player is docked
- Players current notoriety level displayed in cockpit will no longer be potentially out of date
- Relaxed the rules for Multicrew gunners so that they are less prone to accidental assault/reckless weapon discharge crimes
- New weapons now available at applicable Tech Brokers:
- Large Plasma Shock Cannon (Fixed, Gimbal, Turret)
- Large Guardian Shard Cannon (Fixed, Turret)
- Large Guardian Plasma Launcher (Fixed, Turret)
- The Guardian FSD booster is once again available at the Guardian Tech Broker, now with improved fuel efficiency
- Alliance Challenger – a medium sized ship, based on the Alliance Chieftain, that boasts a generous compliment of hard-points, whilst retaining the Chieftains characteristic agility. It also has stronger armour.
- Krait Mk.II – a medium sized, multi-role ship, that trades defensive capability for speed, fire-power and maneuverability. The Krait Mk.II has space for two crew members and is capable of carrying a fighter bay
- New planetary sites added, with audio logs