Destiny 2 Warmind’s challenging Escalation Protocol event is a lot easier when you can bring eight friends along with you.
Of all the new Destiny 2 content available in Warmind, Escalation Protocol is perhaps the hardest. This endgame activity is a horde-based gameplay mode that pits Guardians against increasingly powerful waves of Hive enemies.
The only problem is that since Escalation Mode acts as a public event, you’re usually playing with randomly-assigned Guardians to complete the challenge. Since the varying skill levels can make this event even more more difficult, some players came up with a method of assembling nine friends in a single game.
This method comes courtesy of Destiny 2 YouTuber xHOUNDISHx (via Polygon). It’s not overly difficult, but might take a few tries to accomplish successfully, as it’s not an officially-supported method.
- Load up your Destiny 2 Guardian, but do not form a Fireteam. Use a service like the PS4’s Party feature to communicate with your friends.
- Have three friends start the same Mars landing zone at the same time.
- If you’re lucky, these players will spawn beside each other. If not, have someone fast travel to another Mars landing zone and back until they’re in the same instance.
- Once three friends are together, have each player invite two more friends to their fireteam. Once completed, you should have three fireteams of three players in the same location.
- Stick together so one fireteam doesn’t accidentally get transferred into another Destiny 2 instance.
- Start Escalation Protocol. Good luck!
Escalation Protocol generally requires a high power level to complete, but should be a lot easier with nine co-ordinated players back-to-back. Just keep respawning and unloading your ammo at the bosses until the event is complete. Once you’re finished, check out our Destiny 2 guides to make sure you get all of Warmind’s exotic items.
Now to wait and see what else Season 3 has to offer…