We’re looking for a new writer on VG247.
This is a serious job opening. If you’d like to begin or further your career in video game journalism and writing, take a look at an overview of the role below, and follow the link to apply.
- You will be required to write content on VG247 with daily and hourly deadlines. You will write news stories, conduct interviews, construct deep guides and craft pages to best SEO guidelines.
- Although you will primarily be writing, you will also be required to do video, audio, presenting, broadcasting, streaming and other work as appropriate.
- You will report to senior editors of VG247 on a daily basis. Your workload may change in an instant as required, switching between quick news stories and long-form guides. You must be flexible and available at all times.
- Although you will be in constant contact with VG247 editors, you must be a self-starter, able to think on your feet and use your initiative. This can be a work from home role but you must be in a timezone that works for the site.
- You must have a good understanding of video games, particularly mainstream titles; MMOs, RPGs, loot-shooters, competitive multiplayer games, first-person shooters, and a love of PC and console gaming in general.
- This is a full-time position where you will work between 8am and 5pm in your local timezone. You will also be required to work occasional unsocial hours during busy periods such as E3, EGX and Gamescom. This is not a freelance or part-time position.
- You may also be required to travel locally and internationally, and represent VG247 at industry events so you must be professional at all times.
- As well as a competitive salary and benefits, you will learn from an experienced team. This is an ideal position for anyone looking to improve their journalism, writing, editing and modern media skills. This role will put you at the forefront of video game media and the industry we report on.
- VG247 does not discriminate. We encourage anyone from any social background to apply. We already have the most diverse international team in games media and we are looking for someone to join us with long-term aspirations.
Please study VG247 to understand what we do and don’t do, and what makes us different from other games sites.
If you’re ready to apply, hit up this link for the full job spec with examples of your work.
If you have any questions about the role, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.