Saber Interactive’s NBA Playgrounds, which is very clearly inspired by NBA Jam, releases next week.
The game has been advertised most heavily on Switch, but it’s also coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on May 9. It’ll cost $19.99, and will be a digital only release. The Switch version will be a 7.4GB file, so you might want to invest in a bigger SD card if you haven’t already.
The launch press release also outlines some of the game’s features:
- Up your Game! Features a progression system to unlock real NBA players. Uncover new moves for each player as you upgrade their experience.
- Tournaments and Online Play. Play solo, with friends in local and online multiplayer, or against the world in online tournaments.
- Lottery Pick System. The lottery pick system introduces a new twist to the game by rewarding great play with unique rewards.
- Massive Roster of NBA Superstars. Current and retired ballers from all the official NBA teams will be available at launch. Hundreds more NBA superstars will be added post-launch.
- Over-the-top Moves. Timing is key, whether you’re shooting 3-pointers, pulling off major dunks, showing off your finger-roll game, or defying analytics and winning with long 2-pointers.
The game will feature 30 NBA teams to choose from.