The Watch Dogs 2 development team has brought the first phase of seamless multiplayer online for PlayStation 4.
According to Ubisoft, the team expects it to be made available online for Xbox One overnight.
The following multiplayer features are available through the Multiplayer App via the in-game smartphone:
- Invite friends to co-op or search for new co-op partners
- Hack into a rival hacker’s world
- Find targets for Bounty Hunts or trigger a bounty on themselves
Online stability of the seamless multiplayer features will be monitored by the development team.
Should everything continue to run smoothly, the following elements and final phase of seamless multiplayer will be deployed:
- Nearby bounty targets and Prime_Eight rivals will join the player’s world for them to hunt down and hack without going through the Multiplayer App in the smartphone.
- Players will also encounter friendly Dedsec hackers who can help them complete different Dedsec events throughout San Francisco.
The multiplayer aspects of Watch Dogs 2 were causing the game to “lag and crash periodically,” so the features weren’t available when the game launched last week. Players were still able to play co-op with others by inviting them to play via the game menu.
Ubisoft said today more updates on the integration will be announced as they become available.