Final Fantasy Explorers will be made available in a Collector’s Edition, it was announced during last night’s Nintendo Direct.
- Final Fantasy Explorers game
- Songs for the Journey – a sample CD that contains 20 tracks from the FF Explorers OST
- Limited edition artwork box (featuring art from FF artist Yoshitaka Amano)
- FF Explorers Collector’s hard case for your Nintendo 3DS console
- 40 page Limited edition art book
- Four unlockable in game quests for legendary weapons
The four quests are unlockable and new to the game. Each are as long as the regular quests and upon completion, the player will net ingredients necessary to “forge one of the legendary weapons.”
The weapon forges will depend on the quest finished. Weapons players can create at the end are:
- Crimson Blitz – from Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13
- Thyrus – from Final Fantasy 14
- Venus Gospel – from Final Fantasy 7
- Death Penalty – from Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy 7
These special quests come via download code in the package, are exclusive to the Collector’s Edition and the only way to get the legendary weapons.
The Final Fantasy Explorers Collector’s Edition is exclusive to the Square Enix Store and costs £59.99/€69.99/$69.99. It releases alongside the standard edition of the 3DS title January 26 in North America and January 29 in Europe.