Crusader Kings 2 introduced the Hose Lords with its latest expansion. No, not the Dothraki, Snoop; Game of Thrones isn’t actually real.
Crusader Kings 2: Horse Lords introduces content related to the Mongol and Turkic steppe tribes, which invaded Europe, the Near East and Asia and changed the course of history. Their most prominent leader, the great Ghenghis Khan, secured the immortality of his name by building the largest continuous land empire the world has ever seen.
This eighth add-on to the popular strategy title includes an expanded map, an overhauled interface, new succession and trade rules and scenarios that will test you in very different ways to the city-based gameplay of Europe.
No release date yet, but Paradox said it’s coming “very soon. Here is a delightful feature list:
- Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
- Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
- Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
- Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
- Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
- Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
- Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.
You may also admire the trailer below. I will allow it.
Image from Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan and I’m not even slightly sorry.