Finally, a political simulator that allows me to live my dreams.
Crusader Kings 2 is getting a new expansion called The Reaper's Due, and as you'd expect from a name like that, it's mostly about new and exciting ways to die.
Here's the main feature list, direct from Paradox:
- Epidemics: Diseases may spread from province to province along trade and sea lanes, lowering your income and available soldiers
- Prosperity and Royal Focus: Well managed provinces in peaceful kingdoms will pay huge dividends in gold and manpower
- Hospitals and Royal Physicians: Prevent the outbreak of disease in your kingdom, and make sure your courtiers have access to the latest in Dark Ages Medical Science
- Royal Seclusion: Shield yourself from the diseases tearing your kingdom apart, even if it means ignoring the plight of your people
- New Event Chains: Is the new epidemic the End of Days? Is there someone else to blame for these horrors? Are there supernatural origins or solutions to the world’s problems?
That sounds amazing. I sure wish I wasn't so terrified of Crusader Kings 2's bristling menus so I do could marry my descendants to each other and then chop their heads off for fun and profit.