Aksys Games is bringing adventure game Hakuoki Stories of the Shinsengumi (known in Japan as Hakuoki: Junsouroku) to North America on PlayStation 3. It’s developed by The Idea Factory, and tells the story of Chizuru, a young woman who winds up fighting alongside the Shinsengumi in a factional war for control of Japan.
Here’s a few features you can expect from the game, as described by Aksys.
– More Than Just One Story – This choose-your-own-adventure-style game offers players a chance to choose one of six possible love interests. Playing through the main game unlocks the “Stories of the Shinsengumi”: Several additional events that add roughly 20 hours of content.
– A Modern-Day Tale – Playing through “Stories of the Shinsengumi” can also unlock more content, including a series of short stories written specifically for this game about the Hakuoki cast in a modern-day Japanese high school!
– Media Gallery – Get up close and personal with your favorite scenes from main game and the “Stories of the Shinsengumi” added content!
– Available DLC – Download Hakuoki’s massive art gallery archives and view your favorite characters in a variety of outfits. If you’re desperate for more adventures, there will be DLC side stories to scratch that itch as well!
– Engage the Characters – Watch your favorite characters come to life as they converse with you with expressions!
There’s no release date for this just yet. We should find out more soon.