Almost a year after a successful Kickstarter campaign, Revolution has announced that the fifth game in the Broken Sword series will be “approaching alpha” soon, and should be finding its way to PCs before the end of the year.
On it’s official blog revolution listed the tasks it’ll focus on for the second half of Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse alpha testing:
– Each scene on the game’s critical path is fully implemented. All game areas are accessible.
– All key artwork associated with the game implemented. Black and white layouts for 20% of scenes acceptable. Limited facial animation / speech animation. Placeholder art on menus, title and option screen acceptable.
– Intro cut scene time locked so composition can start. Other in-game cut scenes and outro won’t be complete.
– Menu screens, hints, save and restore all functional, but will require cosmetic work.
– The game is free of bugs that stop the player from completing the game.